I mean, it's not like the man's buying the woman or anything, right? Since when is love quantified by money? Shouldn't how you treat her be how you express your love?
siamul siamul 22-25, M 21 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Hobbies

No chances are you're gonna get divorced

Best Answer

So, you recommend no marriage at all? And just wanton boning?

Best Answer

Sure whatever works! Marriage is just a paper nothing significant

Best Answer

Hm, it isnt like men were buying the women...then what was a dowry for? Back in the day in certain societies you had to pay the family something to marry their daughter. Marriage was quantified by money- rich and royalty arranged marriages to cement their power or keep their kingdoms peaceful. If people knew what marriage was originally about, it was about property, status, money and power..only lately has love had something to do with it. With love, does it matter about a ring? I personally would focus on something we need, a house.

Best Answer

That's a good way to think about it, although you would still need a ring of some kind to avoid complications within society.

Best Answer

Yeah, it makes sense. In my opinion, it just shows you're someone's property- if that works for most, fine, but I never could think of myself as property unless it was true love lol

Best Answer

no cause some people cant afford them and a guy might not ask a girl to marry him just for that reason alone

Best Answer

Engagement ring, wedding ring, then suffering.

Best Answer

The ring symbolizes the bond two people share, the solid, enduring, endless bond that connects them. Nearly all of us choose to wear a ring when we get married but do we know how and why the ring became a symbol of eternal love and fidelity. The ring is a circle that is the symbol of eternity for the Egyptians as well as many other ancient cultures. A circle has no beginning and no end, like time. It returned to itself, like life; and the shape was worshiped as the Sun and the Moon have the same form. The hole in the center of the ring is not just space either; it is important on its own as the symbol of the gateway, or door; leading to things and events both known and unknown. Therefore, it is easy to see how the ring and the gift of a ring began to be associated with love, in the hope that Love would be characteristic of a circle and capture eternity.

Best Answer

Depends, If she's like me and not into jewelry, then no because I lost mine a few years ago. My hands were swollen after giving birth and I took it off to relieve the pain and put it in a zippered pocket in my purse.... Never saw it again.

Best Answer

It doesn't necessarily have to cost a lot... but it has to have some special sort of meaning. For example, a family heirloom like your great-grandmother's engagement ring. Sure it might not be the biggest rock in the world but the intangible value of the object due to the fact it is irreplaceable makes up for it.

Best Answer

wedding ring should be expensive. more money you pay the better quality it is and will last forever. wedding ring is the symbol of your love...its the one item you should splurge on.

Best Answer

Nah. As it's been pointed out, the idea of big diamond rings was naturally pushed on us by a corrupt diamond company. If two people are truly in love a ring is symbolic and not even needed, anymore then an expensive ring keeps unhappy people together.

Best Answer

I don't think it's necessary that they be expensive. I love rose gold and he found an inexpensive rose gold ring with a garnet (my birthstone). I loved it much more than I ever would've a diamond, because it was more personal, if that makes sense,

Best Answer

So you don't wish you had been born in April? ;)

Best Answer

Lol, no. I like opals and turquoise better than diamonds, too.

Best Answer

They should be done away with.

Best Answer

Do you think marriage should also be done away with? Or do you just think spouses should be unmarked, so to speak?

Best Answer

Every lady wants a nice ring on her finger lol

Best Answer

I don't think it needs to be expensive. It should come from the heart not how big the price tag was.

Best Answer

They don't have to be....I mean they sell them at walmart. Still, if you have money...it kind of makes sense to put it into the one item you plan to wear every day...rather than something disposable.

Best Answer

An engagement ring and wedding ring symbolizes love. It isn't about the money, it is about the love but it is nice when the love is accompanied by a nice ring. It certainly isn't a requirement to have an expensive or fancy ring to express one's love for another.

Best Answer

I agree it's a symbol, but back before the diamond companies made diamonds the stone of marriage, a wedding ring was often nothing more than an iron nail that had been curled into a circle.

Best Answer

Whatever works for you and your betrothed.

Best Answer