DeathOfCuHullian DeathOfCuHullian 31-35, M 46 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Youth

germans are like the smartest white people

Best Answer

we are not, polish are the smartest europeans.

Best Answer

No definitely not .. Time to move on and learn x

Best Answer

No, people make mistakes. We should learn from the past to improve the future.

Best Answer

why should son be punished for father's sin

Best Answer

yes and no - but i have as much respect for the Germans as for any nation on earth - has any nation so honestly confronted its own darkness?

Best Answer

If I recall correctly Dresden was almost totally obliterated by fire bombing towards the end of the second world war.

From the culture that built up the Nazi party and the building of extermination camps for the Jews we have a beautifully reconstructed church.

As I watched and listened to this concert I wondered how the German could justify the evil actions of their parents or grandparents or the British their destruction of Dresden in exchange to the German destruction of Coventry.

How did both sides in this conflict between civilised nations allow things to develop into the equivalent of a sewage works where the scum always rises to the surface? Where was the moral leadership from the Churches of both sides or the Pope to say "NO"?

As I relaxed to this wonderful music from Dresden I could not help thinking how many Nazi leaders had also shown a pretence of culture in listening to Wagner - maybe in the very hall that had been destroyed and rebuilt.

UPDATE - in our replies seems we trying to excuse each individual nation for it's crimes on the basis other Countries have committed similar offences. Maybe the question should be broadened to read:- "Shouldn't human beings be ashamed of their past?" This not only covers crimes against other human beings but against other animals and the environment!

Best Answer

A journalist in London asked Mahatma Gandhi, "Mr Gandhi, What do you think of western civilisation?" Gandhi replied, "I think it would be a good idea!"

Best Answer

Of course such wisdom is ignored by politicians with their muzzles in the trough of gravy expenses.

Best Answer

No,they all got sucked in by a sycopath that happened to be at the right time and place in history to do it,although if everyone keeps ignoring what's going on every where,and pretend it ok if it's not happening to me,until guess what,it is happening to them,then we WILL be doomed to repeat history.Then i will be ashamed.

Best Answer

They should be proud that they were the last might to stand up to the Zionist scum

Best Answer

why should someone be held responsible for something that happened over 60 years ago?

Best Answer

Should we, americans be ashamed that we slaughtered many indian families in cold blood so we could steal America?

Best Answer

Yes! I have always been impressed by the dignity and honesty of the speeches of the American Indian Chiefs. They could not understand why the white man would lie about treaty obligations. Guess what needs to be done now is to ensure the American Indian culture is preserved

Best Answer

No. The present people are not representing their past.

Best Answer

Guilt is a terrible thing to waste.

Best Answer

no they should not be ashamed at all

Best Answer

NO.....All have ancestrial past ....just learn from history and never repeat it...easier said than done...:(

Best Answer

i imagine they are but it might be time to put in behind them

Best Answer

Sure, if they were involved. If not, then of course not. If it was my country I'd be a little embarrassed though, and careful to learn from history.

Best Answer

Not unless they happen to be current day supporters of Nazi ideals. People today aren't responsible for what happened back then.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Should mankind be ashamed of repeating the same mistakes over and over again?

Best Answer

yep not sure where I was going with that one lol

Best Answer

I liked it

Best Answer

Aw, shucks :P

Best Answer

Of course! How dare they! lol

Best Answer