What is a humane way for the execution of prisioners? Frankly I don't think there is any.

Best Answer

I'm just all for abolishing the death penalty. States should not have the right to murder their own citizens. Besides, it doesn't make a dent in crime rates. <br />
Anyways, the guillotine is meant to be a public spectacle like a hanging. There's a reason we don't do that anymore. Lethal injections are replacing the electric chair as the most painless method of execution.

Best Answer

that is highly debatable, the guillotine is less prone to accidents.

Best Answer

I know how to fix that issue. STOP EXECUTING PEOPLE.

Best Answer

Okay, whatever, I don't -really- care that much provided its not about suffering. My objection to the guillotine is that its a gory public spectacle and we should be above that.

Best Answer

Who cares about pain? How about shiny blades and headless bodies jolting about. That's awesome!

Best Answer

No, the electric chair is actually painless. The first jolt knocks you unconscious before the pain signal can reach the brain. The guillotine can actually leave someone alive for half a minute. It would be really fun to sit down while the guards strapped into a chair and attach to electrodes with a mask to cover your face and then flip the switch to end your life.

Best Answer

No. Innocent ppl occasionally get executed, how terrible is that? Also, killing is barbaric. Keep a criminal behind bars. Have faith in divine justice (regardless of your religious belief).

Best Answer

I admit I'm conflicted about the death penalty in general, but the guillotine is a singularly violent, messy way to execute someone. And considering the fact that we occasionally execute the innocent...unthinkable.

Best Answer

Let the victims' families at them--save us lots of money. Painless death? Child murderers don't deserve humane treatment--but, at the same time-there should be absolutely NO DOUBT of guilt--too many people have been executed when they were not guilty.

Best Answer

YES, YES, bring it back along with Fireing Squads and Public Hangings! Current laws and longer prision time just **** people off. when we get to "you commit a crime,YOU die for it" the message will have been sent . Perspective criminals will think twice knowing that they may die for their crime.

Best Answer

There is no such thing as a non-painful death. And most people see the death penalty as a revenge thing and want it to be as painful as possible. But yeah, I'm all for the guillotine. It's swift and absolute.

Best Answer

VERY disturbing when you hear stories of the eyes of the severed heads blinking and looking around and read that doctors feels it's possible for the severed head to be alive and aware for at least half a minute after it's been chopped off.

Best Answer

Agreed. Really weird. But perhaps it is simply reflexive action since the severing of the spinal chord and the rapid blood loss would be quite shock to the brain. At worst, there could be the sensation of suffocation due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

Best Answer

Yup, and public executions

Best Answer

The good old days--bring the kids and a picnic basket, get some good photos with the body, etc. One lynching in the US South a true entrepreneur recorded the man choking to death and sold copies for the people who attended and wanted a souvenir.

Best Answer

Haha now that's real business !

Best Answer

Think so ? In the early 20th century South during lynchings, onlookers (including children) would cut body parts off of the person; fingers, toes, ears, etc. as "souvenirs". And women and children weren't exempt from this sort of "justice", and worse.

Best Answer

Haha nice ^^

Best Answer