it is here. and yes of course it should be

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

I think it should be more reasonably priced at least

Best Answer

Then you know it is not free. You want to lower cost, get the government out of it.

Best Answer

How would getting the government out of it lower costs?

Best Answer

Anytime the government subsidies something cost go up. As long as taxpayer's money keeps flowing in cost will stay high. Colleges should be pressed to lower cost.

Best Answer

How could you do that?

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

IMO, if someone want to go to college or University then they need to take personal responsibility and earn the money to go. My mom dad and husband all worked to pay their way through college then university. No grants, loans or scholarships, they took personal responsibility to get the education. It took dad 15 years to get his degree because he would go a couple of quarters then back to work to provide for his growing family and save for a couple more quarters.

Best Answer

Depends on how much the society values it. A large educated population is generally good the nation, but if the nation doesn't feel like investing in that, so be it.

Best Answer

In an ideal world yes it should be, but we don't live there yet and it does have to be paid for .. While society as a whole benefits, the recipient benefits more so why should everyone be charged for someone elevation in the earning stakes

Best Answer

Then why should higher earners have to pay higher taxes to support poorer people if they have to pay for their own education? Society benefits from a highly educated citizenry, which is probably why America is against it.

Best Answer

There are already countries with free higher education.

Best Answer

You could just make everyone pay an equal percentage in taxes, in which case everyone is proportionally pulling there own weight.

Best Answer

I hear what you are saying, but I think the difference lies in giving someone a bare minimum life as opposed to a more wealthy lifestyle .. And yes, I agree it does sound thin

Best Answer

But that's not true either ... What's 20% for a person on minimum wage is much harder hitting than 20% to a person on a very good wage ... One dollar to a poor person means more than ten dollars means to me .

Best Answer

That's true, but's still fair. Realistically, you can find reasons to tax or not to tax every class: The lower class has less to give, so you should ask less from them; the lower class has less to give, so you should tax them more, so their contributions are significant: the middle class is the largest class, so you should tax them more, because proportionally, their money will make the biggest impact; you should tax the middle class less because it's the largest class, and therefore leaving more money to them with less taxes leads to greater spending and more money in circulation: The upper class has the most money to give, therefore you should tax them the most, because individually, they have the most give; you should tax the upper class less, because the upper class is the job creators, and so the more money they're left with, the more money for job creating.
Is 20% harder for the lower class than the higher class? Yes. Is it fair? Yes.

Best Answer

You may be missing the point by only looking at it as a percentage .. Go back to dollar values ... If I'm rich and lose 50% of ten million, in still rather comfortable, if I'm poor and lose 50% of one hundred then it might mean I don't eat this week ... Is a difficult problem and I don't have the answers, but I can see where the issues arise no matter which approach you take ... ➕ the rich rarely pay taxes anyway... They have the money to exploit the loop holes

Best Answer

Yes it should be.

Best Answer

Very few "free" things have value, but I think it should be on a reward system.....the better your grades, and the faster you graduate, the cheaper it should be.

Best Answer

K-12 is free, I don't think anyone is saying that has no value. But I get where you're coming from.

Best Answer

@Whenonlythebestwilldo: So if you have a tragedy or a mental illness or something that hinders your study, you should get no financial support?

Best Answer

gashes, that's exactly what I'm saying. What are you going to do about it?

Best Answer

Cry.

Best Answer

shadow, you KNOW I'm not saying what he's accusing me of.....The American with Disability Act already covers things like that.

Best Answer

Universal education paid for by taxpayers. Americans with disability act does not cover college.

Best Answer

Straw, are you retarded??? There IS no universal ed paid for by the taxpayers. I MADE IT UP!!! Go away.

Best Answer

It cheapens the whole thing and delays maturity further by keeping young people out of the workforce.

Best Answer

What do you mean?

Best Answer

My great-grandfather had a third-grade education. My great-grandmother had a first-grade education. Back then they were lucky even for that. They caked the education they got, and they pushed the boundaries of it. They both read and successfully managed a large farm. My grandfather had an eighth grade education, and was lucky to have gotten it. He was an avid reader and used math heavily in his job. All of then seemed to have been better educated than the average high-school graduate today. It wasn't free, so they valued it. In valuing it, they got more out of it. Make higher education free, and it will be as devalued as school.

Best Answer

There is very little you can do with an eighth grade education than what you could do back then.

Best Answer

The jobs he held still exist. They now require a college degree. See, too so that job you must be literate. To show literacy, you must do something that hasn't been just handed to you.

Best Answer

Exactly, those jobs now require a college degree, showing the importance of higher education. I don't see how making college free would devalue it, because you're still not being forced to go to college. Do you have a higher incentive? Sure, if you're paying the taxes, you might as well take advantage of the free education, but you're still not being forced to.

Best Answer

It isn't like their are a lot of jobs in the workforce for young people anyway.

Best Answer

That's a whole other can of meat.

Best Answer

You know how you solve that? Education.

Best Answer

Actually Education won't solve it. Without jobs college grads are stuck with everyone else.

Best Answer

Honestly, I can't find people to work in my shop. People have been trained for the wrong kinds of jobs. I've lost three employees to marijuanna-induced incompetence, and can't find people who know how to hold a soldering iron by the correct end or operate an ohmmeter. Vocational training would prepare people for the jobs that are. And there are jobs.

Best Answer

Education leads to innovation, innovation leads to job creation.

Best Answer

Ah, but Americans are notorious for letting their schooling get in the way of their education.

Best Answer

Yes, then more people can go and get it.

Best Answer