naenae72 naenae72 36-40 23 Answers Apr 27, 2009

You shouldn't allow anyone to go on a hunting trip. Leave the animals alone. Have compassion.

Best Answer

Sure, unless you used to married to **** Cheney.

Best Answer

Sure, if your ex is responsible and your son is knowledgeable about hunting safety.

Best Answer

The fact that a father is willing to invest his time into taking his son on a trip that, mot likely, will be remembered for a life time is a very good thing regardless of the activity.

Best Answer

I assume youre asking not because of the morals, but because youre worried for his safety?<br />
It would depend. But keep in mind he is half his child.<br />
1. Does he WANT to go?<br />
2. is your ex responsible?<br />
I would be scared to death, so good luck!

Best Answer

Hunters are the best people that I have ever met...They all respect nature...(Now stop the catter walling and hear me)..Really they are...They repect the animal....They get to know the animal...And this is the best paryt...They get to know themselves....<br />
To sit and wait....To be quite in a duck blind...Or a Deer hole...You learn a great deal about nature...and yourself...and after dark...Around the campfire..The swapping of stories...Or just the getting to know eachother...What better thing to get to know your Dad....Or to learn to be a man....<br />
A hunter learns that you take what you can get...But to follow the rules....You learn the thrill of the hunt....But you are even with the animal...And he will also learn what type of a man that he is.....He might not ever want to kill.....But that will not make the hunting trip any less...Then it will just become a camping trip...and that is a great thing also<br />
I really hope that you allow him to go....As long as the Dad is able to keep a level head that is...But if he could not...Do you think that he would have asked you first....<br />
Oh yea...and the Cheney crack....Not nice

Best Answer

You need to answer just two questions.<br />
1. Will he be safe? ie can he ride well enough? (I presume when you say hunting you mean hunting, not shooting.) Are you likely to get him back?<br />
2. Does he want to go?<br />
If you can answer yes to both of those I don't see why not.<br />
To answer the anti hunting debate lets take an example. Here (UK) fox hunting has been banned. Previously land owners put up with predation on their livestock by foxes because they valued the hunting. The aim of hunting was to control the population. No hunt wanted to wipe out foxes. Now the value of the fox has been reduced. The fox is now a pest like a rat. If a land owner has a fox problem he will exterminate them in the same way that you would termites in your home. I can only think that to do this to foxes the people who wanted the ban must hate foxes, as this was the foreseeable consequence of the ban.<br />
Properly controlled hunting is good for the general population in managed countryside.

Best Answer

If you trust your ex, and if you think your son is mature enough, then yes. <br />
The arguments against killing animals don't move me. Where to people think the meat in the supermarket comes from, volunteers?? All the hunters I know eat what they kill.

Best Answer

no way

Best Answer

absolutely, yes.

Best Answer

I don't understand it myself, but I have family for whom the passing of hunting knowledge to the younger generation is a male bonding ritual. This may be an important experience for your son to share with his father. <br />
Do you trust your ex? Is he a responsible sportsman or does he just like to go out and shoot at anything that moves? Has he ever taught your son gun safety? If you answer yes to all the above, then you should consider it. Otherwise, if your son it truly interested, get him some gun safety classes on your own and ask your ex to wait a year.

Best Answer

You know your ex....we don't....this is going to have to be your call.....listen to your gut instinct. <br />
I don't believe in hunting for sport...it's just wrong, to me....but, that's just my opinion.

Best Answer

There are already plenty of animals to eat... I don't get the hunting thing unless you are a loner living off in the wild in Alaska or something like that. It would be nice to take a 15y old to a trip to care for abandoned or tortured animals and teach him volunteer values instead of hunting for sports adrenaline. But whatever, I don't think that was the point of your question but safety.. in this case, nobody here knows your ex better than you right?

Best Answer

Do you have any clue if your ex may want to retain your son with him?. I don't know if it sounds crazy to you, but parental abductions do happen. I don't know if that could be your case or not. Your question definitively shows you don't trust him. Maybe this is not your case, and you may think my comment is absurd. However, there is no more context to the question so I figured it's ok to contemplate ALL the possibilities.

Best Answer

I think he must go to the wilderness but to learn how to survive without the regular perks of city life.He must learn to observe nature and create a grander picture of how life works u know?<br />
Killing is definitely something he should be discouraged from seeing or doing .It desensitizes them to killing and that cant ever be right

Best Answer

He is his fathers son too. As long as they are aware of hunter safety this is a wonderful opportunity for them to bond with nature and each other in a way that men have bonded for centuries. <br />
As for kiling animals he's not a vegetarian right? These are free range organic animals. Hatred for the food chain is a relatively new invention in human history.

Best Answer

Wow! Large problem. Do you trust your ex? Does your son know how to handle a rifle? Does your son really want to go? How does your son really feel about killing helpless animals? Is your son longing for father/son time? Have you ever gone on a hunting trip with your ex? I don't believe in hunting animals, but then I don't believe in zoos, circuses or water parks either. But.... I think there are a lot of questions to ask before you make a decision. It may be something that turns out well for your son. He may bond more with his father or he may wind up hating him for killing living beings. If you are afraid for his safety, I would say no and tell him he has to wait till he is 18. Not that that will help your fears but you are the custodial parent and have the right to major input on things like this. Good luck.

Best Answer

No Way would I let my son go hunting with anyone.....animals aside for a moment.....too much danger with loaded weapons

Best Answer

If the ex has been responsible in the past and you two did not have a "nasty divorce" I say why not, it's Father & Son time. As for hunting, if hunting for food I understand that but hunting for sport and wasting the meat is horrible :(.

Best Answer

Unless his father is Tarzan or some Eskimo in the depth of winter, leave your child home. Kids shouldn´t be taught to kill animals.

Best Answer