When I was 16 I met a girl that I really liked. She lived an hour away from me but we hung out alot and after a few months she ended up moving closer to me and I asked her out and we startes dating. After about a year she saud she wanted to take a break. We continued to hang out almost everyday however because we both have ADHD and loved each otjers company because we had botg always had trouble relating to the normal people and we understood each other in ways normal people didnt. After awhile we started dating again but she met someone else and we went back to being friends. Because we were so close I became her shoulder to cry on when they were fighting but I was crazy for her and started getting jealous that I couldnt be with her started treating her really bad and just being jealous. Eventually i got really angry with her one day when she was upset and stopped taljing to her. This was 5 years ago and i still feel terrible about it. Is it too late to apologize for being a jerk?
mrwanagethigh mrwanagethigh 22-25, M 18 Answers Feb 19 in Dating & Relationships

Just move on. Its been 5 years. Forget about her and move on. Dont try to get back into her life apologising and stuff, must move on man.

Best Answer

if you still feel that way then apologize and explain why you were such an a$$. tell her you were jealous and that you feel bad for acting that way

Best Answer

It's never too late to apologize. If nothing else, it will make you feel better:)

Best Answer

if you was guilty of being one :) then yeppers

Best Answer

Anyone who pushes you to the side as soon as something else comes along and expects you to be a shoulder to cry on when it doesnt work out isnt worth the apology.

Best Answer

As a girl who was treat lie sh*t by all kinds of people through out all of grade school...... I have to say it is NEVER too late for a genuine apology. It is amazing the difference it made on me, and my outlook on people from one person who treated me crappy growing up finding me years later simply to offer a heartfelt, and genuine apology. Though we did not become friends after her apology, it did show me that once awful people really are capable of changing for the better. It gave me hope. :)

Best Answer

Thats kind of the thing i grew up bullied everyday so I had very low self esteem and had serious trust issues. I somehow got it in my head she was deliberately toying with my emotions and thats why I ended our friendship. Always felt guilty about how I treated her and really regretted ending my closest friendship over a paranoid delusion.

Best Answer

If that is the effect it had on you, imagine the effect it had on her losing her closest friend. It is all the more reason for an apology, not matter what comes from it; as long as it comes from your heart.

Best Answer

Send her a letter. Say everything you want to say. Explain to her it all. You may only get one chance to get this off your chest. Make the most of it.

Best Answer

Please go do it!

You may have ruined her life.

You might be able to repair it.

If you can't find her, I hope you feel guilty every day for ever!

Best Answer

Nope. Just go apologize. Be friends again.

I apologize to kids whose feelings I accidentally hurt back in kindergarten, or even to strangers who got the wrong idea.

If you're really sorry, please, by all means, go and apologize. Be happy.

Best Answer

If you apologize you'll become the shoulder to cry on once more.. She'll use you,_ move on

Best Answer

Never too late to apologize. Do it because you're sorry, not because you want another crack at her.

Best Answer

That jerkness went both ways. Never a bad idea though to clean your side of the street.

Best Answer

yes...its always nice to hear an apology esp when its from the heart. It may not do any good but the deed is just and true.

Best Answer

Only a couple years later, she would probably appreciate that.

Best Answer

You could still apologize, yes. It's never too late to be forgiven.

Best Answer

Never too late to apologize.

Best Answer

yes...For some reason, doing those things in high school makes a difference at some point.

Best Answer

Yes. Leave her alone.

Best Answer