If you'd like I can contact an old client of mine, Paul Seidel...???

Best Answer

How could he help?

Best Answer

Prof. of mathematics at MIT....

Best Answer

o.o It would very much help OwO you would do that for me? :o

Best Answer

Depends upon what you want to do. MIT will take you down the hardcore STEM path while Princeton is probably a better choice if you are looking to teach/research using Math.

Best Answer

I plan to teach/research math. I think I'll *apply* to MIT first, but my first choice will be Princeton if I manage to get into both.

Best Answer

If this is *very* important to you why do you ask us EP people with no clue on Topology/Chaos Thery and Cosmology/QM??

Best Answer

Be careful about early admission. If they get you to say yes, your money package is likely to be less than if you proceed on the normal time path. However, Princeton is known for being the most generous with non-load monies. Of course, if you don't need assistance, then by all means charge forward with the early stuff.

Best Answer

My family's loaded x'D I have 200k put away for college. Money won't be a problem. xD

Best Answer

Go for the school with the professors who will help you get what you are looking for. I realize that this can be a tough choice. There are also schools on the West Coast -- and even in fly-by country -- that would fill your need.

Given your means, maybe you should visit -- and I don't mean officially, as in with an escort -- the schools of interest. Hang out. Maybe you have friends who are already at those schools. I know people who LOVE MIT. My mom is one of them. I also have a friend who did his graduate EE (really CS) work at Princeton, and is quite happy with the results.

Do you like hanging out, talking about this stuff into the night? Maybe MIT is the place? Could be Princeton? Could be a Claremont college like Harvey Mudd? All excellent, but you won't have any real idea of which one will do the trick unless you visit. And you have the luxury of visiting.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

It does. Luckily I have time to *decide* on the college. I just don't know which one to apply to first.

Best Answer

A fun situation to be in. So, have fun and good luck.

Best Answer

:U Thanks :D

Best Answer

MIT for sure.

Best Answer

Apply to both just in case, you never know. If both come back take a coin and do the "fractically minded mathematical" thing.....flip the coin in the air, call it, done. Seriously, life IS about "taking chances!" LOL ;D

Best Answer

I might have suggested doing an 'Istikhara' but I guess you don't believe in that stuff. So go with Princeton 1st.

Best Answer

MIT hands down

Best Answer

Make a pros and cons list for each.

Best Answer

Princeton

Best Answer

MIT

Best Answer