Should I blow off my cousin’s wedding this weekend because my mom is complaining about my behavior/drinking lately? She said if I attend she won’t. I’m thinking screw her. It’s my dad’s side of the family and my cousin. Plus I'm fricken 29!
monkeydluff monkeydluff 26-30, M 4 Answers May 7 in Parenting & Family

If you want to go, then go. If she decides not to go, that's her issue... not yours.

Best Answer

Also any suggestions for a good mother’s day gift? lol

Best Answer

Well if you don;t know how to act when liquor is involved, I wouldn't recommend you go. You mother is clearly embarrassed by your behaviors.

Best Answer

My dad doesn't seem to have a problem with my drinking. Well except when she complains to him about me. Then he has to talk to me. She is embarrassed but needs to chill out. Why should i suffer because she is embarrassed? And what exactly is she embarrassed about? If a guy wants to get wasted on Friday night after a long week of work and school he should be entitled to.

Best Answer

You may be "entitled" to do it... but, it only proves how immature you are.

Best Answer

I don't follow how you came to the conclusion that I'm immature. How do you define immature?

I don't drive when i drink at all! . I always use cabs or make arrangements to spend the night when I'm going out. I pay bills. I'm a straight A full time student. I also have a full time job.

Best Answer

A mature individual does not believe that getting "wasted" is cool. Either you are immature or you are an untreated addict. There is no other option. At your age, why are you still a student?

Best Answer

Decided to change my career last year. Started to feel like I've reached a dead end and wanted something more. We're all addicted to something.

Best Answer