I think its great, in theory.
Most people regret in later life that they didn't spend enuf time with their folks "while they had a chance"
Having said that, they are generally not that interesting, compared to real social friends, and there are always a lot of strange familial issues lurking. No family I ever saw was so well adjusted that everyone could be comfortable all the time.
I talk with my dad about the NFL and its great, but its not long before he makes comments about his dad, or grandad or something, that are basically just a bit sad, and I often come away feeling emotionally drained.
So, it's a mixed bag I guess. Like anything in life!

Best Answer

Well our family issues all revolve around my much older brothers basically being horrible. Those never come up, and they actually are extremely interesting. I love to pick their brains on their life experiences. My dad was in the military as well so we kind of share war stories as a sort of therapy, and my mom has been working the same job since I was born so I try to draw from her lessons on commitment and longevity.:)

Best Answer

Sounds like it's right for you to be around there.
I always think if it feels right, it is

Best Answer

You're awesome thanks

Best Answer

Family I say is your best friends nothing wrong with spending time with them I can tell you I know others that do the same it works for them and if you all find it works for you then nothing wrong with it.

Best Answer

Yeah and with my transition I don't relate to any of my friends from before I left. Family is all I have left.

Best Answer

Family also includes friends many become family .

Best Answer

Give yourself a break. You have been through a lot. You could be doing some very different things. Parents make us feel grounded and secure, if your parents are okay with this, I see no harm. There will come a time when you will move on.

Best Answer

They older and I think my fear of losing either of them may be a factor as well. I'm a big tough Marine but even typing this about losing them kind of chokes me up. I think I just woke up this morning like what should I be doing other than this but I came up with nothing haha

Best Answer

My sons stayed with me for awhile when they got out. I understand your fear. So would my sons.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone :)

Best Answer

My wife never had a real mother figure***

Best Answer