dinorap1 dinorap1 16-17, F 9 Answers Aug 26, 2014 in Parenting & Family

Are you willing to dedicate the time and effort required to succeed at homeschooling?

It's not a willy nilly..wake up whenever and do no work kind of thing. It takes far more dedication, willpower, responsibility, and determination to succeed in than public education, by far. Often times the course plans are far more rigorous (if your mom chooses a school that offers a diploma..) and those checking your work (not your mom..individuals from an academy) are really strict and push you quite hard.

You won't get good grades just because your mom is the one writing out your schedule, and you won't do well unless, as I stated, you are dedicated to learning..and not just using it as an out, or thinking it's a loaf around holiday.

Best Answer

I think I would do an online program, if I could. My parents are too busy and not worthy to provide an education for me. That's not my words, they said that themselves... they barely scraped by high school.

Best Answer

It will also better prepare you for the discipline required by college. Oh, and I speak as one who was homeschooled.

Best Answer

Then you should pick a prestigious one.

Best Answer

So you can function properly in the real world? I consider myself an introvert, so my parents think that's going to be the death of me. I avoid people at all costs, but I'm not completely dysfunctional in public.

Best Answer

Of course you can...I graduated from college with honors. There are likely numerous homeschooling groups in your area that you could get together with.

Best Answer

Home schooling is viable if you have the support for it at home.

Best Answer

I think I would do online schooling.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Your argument for home schooling is in that video.

Best Answer

no, you shouldn't.

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

because you need the education and you need rules and you need to be around other kids. thought it was obvious.

Best Answer

This is a one-size-fits-all response. The problem is, not all of us fit into one size. Home schooling doesn't preclude education. Being around other kids doesn't include education. Rules are everywhere, not just in the classroom. And your last comment was somewhat belittling. Nothing is obvious in a world filled with so many unique individuals. Not all of us are so adept at maintaining the status-quo :)
Questions are good and shouldn't be punished. Especially not "why?"

Best Answer

i'm not the parent. and my response fits most sizes. emphasis on most. the vast majority. it is only a few cases that should be home schooled.
speak later, sorry

Best Answer

Certainly :) I look forward to it.

Best Answer

i'm sorry, i had to leave, had a ride home i had to catch.

i can be grating, yes =) works for some people, not for everybody, i agree.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Got any good reasons why? My parents absolutely despise the idea.

Best Answer

You can go at your own pace and if in many cases graduate earlier than usual from school.

Best Answer

My parents think introverts can't function properly in the real world if they don't go to school. They think I'll be like my 42 year old uncle who does nothing and leeches off of his parents. What about that?

Best Answer

That has little to do with being home schooled.

Best Answer

Really? Yeah, my parents think home schooling takes absolutely no effort at all and I'll sit around and goof around all day.

Best Answer

I've already started public school and it does NOT feel right this year... I just get bad vibes from every class this year.

Best Answer

I see. Yeah, they are misinformed. What SilenceEvermore said was correct.

Best Answer

As an introvert, I can absolutely tell you that school did nothing to better my coping skills! I love learning but school destroyed that in me for a lot of years. I didn't learn how to stand up for myself in a healthy manner until adulthood because school is all about fitting nicely into the box they feel you should be in. I've never been good at boxes ^_~
Some of us march to the beat of our own drummer. The world generally doesn't do a lot to help us find a space that we fit into. It could be that your uncle couldn't find a place to fit, our he didn't know that looking outside the box was an option. The world can be a scarier place when we have to look outside the box and school won't teach you how to do that.

Best Answer