dinorap1 dinorap1 13-15, F 9 Answers Aug 26 in Parenting & Family

It depends how bad school is. The usual annoyances or something worse? If it's really making you miserable and unable to concentrate homeschooling is worth considering.

Best Answer

It *is* making me miserable, and I can absolutely not concentrate. It's worse than ever this year.

Best Answer

It's an option

Best Answer

Home schooling is viable if you have the support for it at home.

Best Answer

I think I would do online schooling.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Your argument for home schooling is in that video.

Best Answer

See a psychologist and ask them what they think. No point asking EP, these ppl all nut jobs.

Best Answer

True, true. Oh! Maybe I should see a counselor. My parents wouldn't put money towards a psychologist.

Best Answer

That sounds like an excellent idea, that is what they are there for. Just be completely honest with them and let them know how you are feeling. It could be anxiety related or something, just be careful of medication.

Best Answer

I used to feel this way every year. It's just... this year is so much worse, for some reason. I've seen what I can think up, and it can be pretty brilliant at times, but at school... it just feels like someone's smashing my brain capabilities to pieces with a sledgehammer. Simple thinking processes, like A+B=C just don't work anymore. I feel broken.

Best Answer

It's even hard for me to formulate sentences now. I've NEVER had that problem before... and lots more problems. I'd list them all, but I don't think you really care THAT much.

Best Answer

Well, like I said - see your councellor. Because if these issues are distracting you at school, then you are handicapping yourself. Instead of being able to channel all your brain power into school work - your mind is elsewhere. It affects your stress, your emotions and most importantly your ability to focus and pay attention.

Best Answer

no, you shouldn't.

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

because you need the education and you need rules and you need to be around other kids. thought it was obvious.

Best Answer

Are you willing to dedicate the time and effort required to succeed at homeschooling?

It's not a willy nilly..wake up whenever and do no work kind of thing. It takes far more dedication, willpower, responsibility, and determination to succeed in than public education, by far. Often times the course plans are far more rigorous (if your mom chooses a school that offers a diploma..) and those checking your work (not your mom..individuals from an academy) are really strict and push you quite hard.

You won't get good grades just because your mom is the one writing out your schedule, and you won't do well unless, as I stated, you are dedicated to learning..and not just using it as an out, or thinking it's a loaf around holiday.

Best Answer

I think I would do an online program, if I could. My parents are too busy and not worthy to provide an education for me. That's not my words, they said that themselves... they barely scraped by high school.

Best Answer

It will also better prepare you for the discipline required by college. Oh, and I speak as one who was homeschooled.

Best Answer

Then you should pick a prestigious one.

Best Answer

So you can function properly in the real world? I consider myself an introvert, so my parents think that's going to be the death of me. I avoid people at all costs, but I'm not completely dysfunctional in public.

Best Answer

Of course you can...I graduated from college with honors. There are likely numerous homeschooling groups in your area that you could get together with.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Got any good reasons why? My parents absolutely despise the idea.

Best Answer

You can go at your own pace and if in many cases graduate earlier than usual from school.

Best Answer

My parents think introverts can't function properly in the real world if they don't go to school. They think I'll be like my 42 year old uncle who does nothing and leeches off of his parents. What about that?

Best Answer

That has little to do with being home schooled.

Best Answer

Really? Yeah, my parents think home schooling takes absolutely no effort at all and I'll sit around and goof around all day.

Best Answer

I've already started public school and it does NOT feel right this year... I just get bad vibes from every class this year.

Best Answer

I see. Yeah, they are misinformed. What SilenceEvermore said was correct.

Best Answer

Everyone suffers at school

Best Answer