get a life old hag
INSPIREe INSPIREe 18-21, F 18 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Community

That depends on what kind of person you are, and whether you're moving away from home to go. Academically, most university courses start where school left off (or even a bit before that), so the big thing to get used to is having to discipline yourself to go to class, get your work in on time and all that without a teacher leaning over you forcing you to do it. That's not really such a big deal, and they usually ease you into it.<br />
The bigger deal (at least for me) was moving away from home, turning up in a town where I knew nobody and living on my own for the first time. That was pretty scary for the first week or two, but fortunately you're all in the same position and it quickly starts to seem normal. (It also helped, at least in my case, that I went into a student residence, so meals were provided and such. Going straight into an apartment in your first year isn't a great plan.)<br />
It's also harder on more introverted types, due to all the new people; I had to quickly find quiet places to go to unwind between times. If you're more extroverted, though, it's probably great fun.<br />
The bottom line is that, yes, it's scary, but you'll get through it. :)

Best Answer

i want to be the quiet, to myself type so I have no distractions, but ill make a few close friends... im moving away from home into an apartment :( but I already have a roomate who is also my best friend :) im taking him with me!!!

Best Answer

It sounds like you should be fine: having someone to share it with should make life a *lot* easier. :) The main thing is not to let it overwhelm you. Stay calm, take it step by step and you'll have a great time. :)

Best Answer

No, my oldest son went to uni and loved it. Everyone will be apprehensive in their first year but you'll soon make friends and have the time of your life. Good luck, babe.

Best Answer

thankyou!!!

Best Answer

You're very welcome. :) Now, go and enjoy yourself.

Best Answer

Not at all, this is a whole new chapter in your life, embrace new experiences in attending university!

Best Answer

I don't know if you should.... but know you are not alone on this matter :(

Best Answer

No, now is the time to do it... Not later when you're 40 like myself.

Best Answer

NO NO NO

Best Answer

Nah uni is awesome. Everyone is really friendly and the university helps you out as much as you need.

Best Answer

If you want to be a journalist when you are barely literate, then fear is entirely appropriate. I think you are in for a hard time.

Best Answer

its called a typo

Best Answer

No, you'll do fine.

Best Answer

thankyou

Best Answer

Definitely NO. I wonder what subject(s) you are thinking of studying, English and a foreign language? Much of what I was thinking has already been said. I went away to university about a whole day's travel from home so going home even at week-ends was out of the question. This meant that I had to make new friends at university. This was difficult to start with but overall it was a great experience. I got a very good degree which was followed by a closely related and very interesting, varied, and continuing career. The only "down-side", especially now, is the amount of money you are likely to owe at the end of your course.

Best Answer

JOURNALISM? The newspaper/magazine industry is hanging on by a thread. I don't think they've figured out a way to monetize big salaries for bloggers yet either. Before you get in debt up to your eyeballs with a worthless college degree, do a hell of a lot more research first. Seek out people who have the career you want and take THEIR advice and/or warning, not your HS guidance counselor's. Point your aptitude in the direction of where the most money and the least risk for unemployment is. Don't shoot yourself in the foot with bad career choices because you were too lazy or naive to do your due diligence. The only guarantee with student loans is that they'll come due upon graduation.

Best Answer

oh no :( ive wanted to be anewsreporter since I was grade four. told many times I had the voice :( also i love writing, researching. even won my school speech award, joined writing contests, and published one piece of work :( it was hard though. Im not going into it just because, but for the reason that I love the field of work. I am afraid though that there are no jobs! I spoke to someone about it and they told me that money comes along, just work into something that your heart desires and change the world as much as you can, money will come in somewhere. NOW IM SCARED...NOW WHAT?

Best Answer

Seek out people who have the career you want and talk to them in person and take THEIR advice and/or warning. Call up local newspapers, television studios, Internet bloggers or anywhere that you dream of working. Ask for an informational interview and tell them you're researching careers in journalism. Ask questions like how difficult was it to get hired? What is the compensation for the work? How is the job security? What are the requirements for continuing education? What schools are preferred? What classes are essential? Do most people start out in small towns and have to work their way up to larger markets? Make this career path research your most important journalism project that you will ever write. Be a journalist and ask the awkward questions because you need to know the answers before you spend $100,000 of your parents' money or take out student loans in your own name for a career that you've dreamed about since you were 9 years old. I had a not very creative job as a graphic designer for a yellow pages publishing company. The pay started out very low but the compensation package included a pension and healthcare benefits and was unionized. I felt fortunate to have the job at the time before the job moved off-shore to the Philippines. If you had come to talk to me about that job, as an insider, I could warn you that when we had two openings there were 200 interested applicants and like I said, this job wasn't even very creative.

Best Answer

believe it or not, I just emailed Lisa La Flamme (a CTV chief newsreporter). Hopefully she will respond to my email as soon as she possibly can. I'll update on this.

Best Answer

Excellent! That IS what I'm talking about.

Best Answer

Take some grammar/spelling classes prior to applying - should do fine.

Best Answer

its a typo...use your head

Best Answer

Ah, hello. You have made several " typos" in your various responses, therefore it is not an isolated incident. As a Journalist, this is something that is not easily overlooked. . . Use your Brain!

Best Answer

baby mama...get a life and quit looking for my typos... low life? you are yes :)

Best Answer

You consider me a low life because I am more intelligent than you? Ok! I was merely giving you some constructive advise. Good luck in your future endeavors, cause with your attitude, you're going to need it.

Best Answer

you're the one with the attitude :) telling me to go take grammar classes like you know me. woman...shame on you. You are more than half my age, and if you fit your essential human nature, you wouldn't have told me to take grammar lessons woman to woman. Many other women your age have actually given me some useful, heart-warming advice other than you. I have no attitude, well actually yes towards you I do, you noticed huh?well you **** me off :) you pissed me off online, so god help those who have to deal with you in person. now please leave me alone :) stay in peace not in pieces - iyanla vanzant

Best Answer

is there a limit to typos nowadays? inspire, she's jealous of your youth. I have viewed your photos. You are a stunning young beautiful girl. You will make a lovely news anchor.

Best Answer

blocked :)

Best Answer

Before I went off to uni i was petrified but from the second day of being there I loved it! You will be fine, really you will.

Best Answer