I smoke a pack of cigis a day I have these symptoms all the time i dont know if its just smokers that gets this. I also have to choke the mucus up all the time cause else i cant speak, then my voice gets into hoarse voice. and my throat is just really itchy and my tounge can even be yellow, or white. also i have other things that smoking has done to me - i have really yellow teeth aswell, and have some gum disease i mean im 20 years old whats next cancer? but the thing with my throat really worry me Thing is i dont smoke 20 cigarettes in 24 hours, i smoke 20 cigarettes and i only smoke in 6-7 hours i mean its a lot to consume i guess in such a short time.
Selfconsciousness Selfconsciousness 18-21, M 12 Answers Jul 25, 2012

I haven't smoked since I was 17 years old. I have a pretty healthy life style and I was rencently diagosed with 4 pre- cancer nodules. My doctor put me on synthroid and due to thyroid issues. However, then it just turned into a goiter I had to under the knife I couldn't even swallow water anymore.

Pay very close attention ! It can and will turn into cancer. My nodule's did go away and I'm sure they will come back. It scares me sometimes because I'm so young and I take care of myself very well.

Best Answer

Symptoms: I was always coughing, Mucus in very thick, I stopped breathing a couple times while sleeping, it's hard to eat or swallow.

Best Answer

wow i really feel bad for you, and hope you get through it! all the best from here, i have had a few cramps with my heart/lungs where i simply cant breath for 10-15 seconds could this aswell be related to some cancers (btw when i saw the above comment i dropped my cigis out, quiting cold turkey)

Best Answer

It probaly isnt but its defo worth getting it checked.

I smoke more than you and for longer than you have and I dont have that. Its probaly nothing serious but defo go and see about it! :-)

Best Answer

The feeling of something in your throat all the time could actually be food getting stuck. That used to happen to me a lot, especially with macaroni. You don't necessarily have to be choking for that to happen, either. Definitely go see a doctor and quit smoking ASAP!

Best Answer

It's not food.Nodule's and a goiter can cause obstruction by swallowing and breathing.

Best Answer

Are you his doctor?

Best Answer

You should go see a doctor as the others have mentioned. It may or may not be cancer, the only way to find out is by doing some investigations.

Also try to quit smoking

Best Answer

go see a doctor about your throat and get a nicotine patch.

Best Answer

I have tried countless times to quit cold turkey but cant stand the feeling even bought a book "allen car quit smoking" and i have read it like 4 times 200 page book ffs, and he says in hes book "dont use nicotine patches" u will just crave for nicotine because u never learned that u have to WANT to quit smoking.

Best Answer

try hypnotism. And nicotine is a drug like any other drug...your body will have withdrawl symptoms and you just cant quit cold turkey. With a patch you will have your nicotine fix but your lungs and throat will be fine. You will slowly reduce smoking as you wont feel the NEED for it as your nicotine is getting supplied from elsewhere. Then you can get of the nicotine slowly.

Best Answer

You will have to give your body time to adjust to the detox.

Best Answer

I heard aswell that u will get some vivid dreams, i cant dream now when i smoke cigarettes, but when i try to quit i dream instant. i mean i remember the dreams
But those nightmares i get just when quiting smoking for 1 day is just enough to scare me into starting to smoke again.

Best Answer

Last time i quit smoking my littlebrother got driven over by a bus, Its kinda hard waking up with a scary mind as **** and so vivid! i mean when i get vivid dreams even without the patch :s im kinda scared to quit smoking i must say

Best Answer

get it checked with an endoscopy--very simple and painless. I go every year because i smoke too an dmy dad died of it. Likely not for you- could be aggrievated tonsils or thyroid problems---get checked for the peace of mind

Best Answer

My dad died aswell from some lung disease related to smoking im kinda worried for myself and if i rot my lil bro into smoking. i ******* hated smoking all my youth and still started and cant stop, i remember how i have HATED that he couldent stop aswell just hate myself for getting into the trap

Best Answer

I could say all then myself-excepy the brother- his vice is food

Best Answer

No. You should see a doctor and let the doc find out what it is.

Worrying when you don't know something usually doesn't help. And the point is, you can find out.

Best Answer

Go see a specialist. Only he can answer that question for you. Meanwhile stop smoking drinks lots of water and feel better!!!

Best Answer