Triundi Triundi 26-30, M 10 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Community

It depends on what you want from the car. The Miata is the best handling one. You can have a lot of fun with it and you can learn how to drive better from it. IF Note the BIG IF) you can find a place to drive it near its and your limits. It will help you learn to increase your limits in any type performance driving. But that if means you have track days someplace where you can drive. You cannot safely nor legally push your limits nor reach its limits on American roads. The Eclipse of 4 or 5 years ago is heavier than the earlier versions. It is also more comfortable and pactical than the other 2. Probably the best choice if you want nice looking pleasant transportation most people want on the American road. The Solstice is a fun little. It does not have the space not comfort of the Eclipse. It does not have limits near the Miata and will not corner with the Miata. It also has a little quicker acceleration and you would not learn anything about maintaining speed and momentium in a corner. And it would not reward better driving skills noticeable. But it is a fun easy to drive car with a style of its own. They are all 3 niche cars for special people. The Eclipse looks like a sports car and drives and feels like a family sedan. The Miata has old styling and handles like s sports car (but does not accelerate like a hot sports car) and a good learner if you have a track you can get time at. The Sostice is the Australian version of a sports car and a darn nice version for road only use. It is easy and can feel like fun for someone who has never driven a real balanced handling car. Your money your choice. I hope the info helps you make your decison.

Best Answer

Thank you for the amazing answer. I have another question. I'm 6'6. I know it's a stretch for me to have my heart set on a convertible as it is already, but would I find any benefit in a two-seater vs a four inasmuch as the room that didn't go for backseats might have gone for leg room? (I'm all legs)

Best Answer

The Solstice might be the worst in that regard and the Eclipse the best. But that is going on memory and I am just over 6 feet. The seats height might be the difference as the lower seat in the Solstice is generally make to have your legs straight out while the Eclipse has higher seat where your legs are bent more and so do not have to have as much leg room straight in front. I had a long mroe experience witht he genreation 1 and 2 Eclsipes than the generation 3 you are looking at. It did have a higher more comfortable seating. I actually had quite a bit of room in the Miata. It did not make me have to knees on each side of the steering wheel like the Solstice does. It is a subtle difference, but the Miata and Eclipse were made for the Amerian markets and the Solstice was made for an Australian market and then Lutz brought it here to sell. The Australian market seems to be more willing to make comfort sacrifices for function so the other 2 would probably fit better. And despite feeling the 2 seater has more legroom, the 4 seaters have more total legroom and pretty much allow the front seat to take up the rear seat leg room so you end up with more on the 4 seater. Have to try setting in each one though as it is not so much can you fit, but does it feel comfortable and fit you.

Best Answer

Good sir, you are the man.

Best Answer

$11000 is just so cheap. Cars in our place cost double or triple even it's second hand

Best Answer

although the Solstice (or Saturn Sky, same car) is great, parts are a pain if anything goes wrong (especially if your buying used).<br />
the Miata is fun little roadster. the Eclipse body is nice but the drive is....eh...

Best Answer

Eclipse.

Best Answer

I vote eclipse :-D

Best Answer

I'm all for the eclipse

Best Answer

i like my eclipse

Best Answer

Miata or Eclipse.

Best Answer

How come?

Best Answer
Best Answer

I've never driven an Eclipse, but I like the way they look, which is why I mentioned it as a possibility, but my experience says in general that Mazda simply makes cars that are fun to drive and I know several Miata owners who are very happy with their selection of car.

Best Answer

Miata's have a higher resale value.

Best Answer