Tell her you have other obligations and cannot drive her everywhere she needs to go. Then let her know that you cannot take her home everyday anymore, simple as that. It's not rude, it's just the way it is. My therapist just recently made me privvy to something that is true for all people. We are not really as important to other people as we think we are. Everyone gets told "no" and it is a word that we have been conditioned to accept since infancy. Remember "no" is a complete answer, you don't have to explain yourself.

Best Answer

Why not just tell her you are starting to feel taken advantage of and unappreciated. Let her know you were being kind, but if this is gonna be an everyday thing she needs to kick up some gas money. I would simply let her know you are not available for shopping trip transportation, you have a schedule and obligations of your own. I'd just be honest with her about how you are feeling.

Best Answer

Pretend your car has broken down for a few days. or bite the bullet and just tell her.

Best Answer