I am hungry and there is barely anything in my house to eat as we are not going to the store until tomorrow. I have a bag of frozen peas, a can of peas and carrots, and some vegetable broth and was thinking of making soup with the broth and frozen peas. I can add salt and stuff for flavor, but is this a good idea in general? There is other stuff to eat too, just not a lot.
DiscoKacheek DiscoKacheek 16-17, F 12 Answers May 10 in Food

Eat what you have. It doesn't have to 'match' to give you nutrition and make you full. :)

Best Answer

You have to do what you can...

Best Answer

Just heat up the broth and put in the peas and carrots to warm through. Don't a lot of salt until you taste it. Broth is usually pretty salty on its own. That's kind of a sparse meal, but if that's what you have .. go for it.

Best Answer

I've made veggie soup and put curry paste in it to season it up and it was tasty. If that's all you got then make it.

Best Answer

Do you have any meat? I'd suggest sautéing the veggies in some olive oil and spices and maybe adding meat to it as a side or adding the veggies to the skillet AFTER cooking the meat. You really can't go wrong sautéing stuff.

Best Answer

I don't eat meat, sorry.

Best Answer

eating only peas and broth for one meal isn't gonna hurt ya.

Best Answer

Check with your local church. A lot of them have food banks.

Best Answer

Do you have any chicken?

Best Answer