If you feel it then its happening, ive learned youve just got to accept that your not the favourite one and dont let it eat you up. people are selfish and parents have their favourites although they shouldnt and people like to just please themselves all the time, thats just life and people, its just the way it is.

Best Answer

No it's not selfish at all. Really, I know how you feel. :/ *pats you on the back*

Best Answer

Not selfish at all.

Best Answer

As a guy, I don't think it's a big issue. I would never want to go shopping with my mam. lol<br />
But on a serious note, I think you are being a bit too delicate about this. You can spend time with her in others ways that don't involve spending her money.

Best Answer

Since when did I say she was going to spend money on me. I have my own money thanks, I don't sponge of my mum.

Best Answer

I think you are fully justified in your feelings, I get in a lot of fights with my mom, because I feel like she favors my brothers.

Best Answer

Your not being selfish, you had looked forward to one on one time with your mum. It's natural to feel sad, I hope your whole day is not ruined. Do something special for yourself, you deserve to be kind to yourself.

Best Answer

It's just like their having their time together on friday when I go away, they are going out for a meal. Worse thing is is that my sister is leaving now, and we don't have enough time to go shopping for a few hours now as my mum has to pick up my little brother at 3:30, so it's too late now. The day is ruined. :(

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I can tell it meant a lot to you. Life sure does not seem fair sometimes.

Best Answer

I'd talk to her and explain how I felt about the whole situation.

Best Answer

She will think I'm being silly, she always does!

Best Answer

And selfish.

Best Answer

How old is your sister?

Best Answer

23

Best Answer

Ok, IDK if tis will help but when my Mom seemed to pay more attention to something or someone else when I was growing up, I just concentrated on myself. Does your Mom do this all the time? If she does, then I'd discover self love.

Best Answer

Only when it involves my sister. I do try to concentrate on myself, but now if I don't tell her things or open up to her she gets upset. But even so, it doesn't stop making you feel hurt on the inside.

Best Answer

I agree. It's almost like being your sister's shadow. It'll get better with time. Do you have any older cousins or Aunts you can hang out with to make your mom feel the same as you?

Best Answer

Not selfish. Everyone needs their own personal time with one that they value.

Best Answer