I am going on a first date tonight, I'm meeting her at a restaurant, she says she has to meet me first before she decides to have dinner with me. She is 35 divorced with a teenage daughter. We talked on the phone for 3 hours yesterday and we text all the time. After the phone conversation I already have a lot of feelings for her. This one is really important and she is very carefull about dating because she is a great mom and she doesn't want to bring any guys around that she isn't going to be serious with. Anyway should I give her a white rose when I meet her tonight?
patsfan85 patsfan85 41-45, M 11 Answers Jan 22, 2011

Honestly...I would also say no. Mainly because if she is that careful and has had some hard roads that will just be too much in the first meeting. Take time to get to know her not just through the texting etc....but just being around her doing simple stuff this would be far more impacting than a rose. Trust me we like flowers but that can also set someone who is in her position off. When you two have made a connection and are actually dating on a regular basis then bring her a rose and when she asks why tell her its because you appreciate her allowing you to get to know her as she has. Good luck!!

Best Answer

I took your advice the date went better than I could have imagined. I kissed her on the cheek and hugged her and I'm going to see her again. She texted me and said she liked me, then again saying too bad she didn't find out how I kissed. I really like her a lot, so wish me luck I think I'm going to do ok though!!!

Best Answer

If I am not mistaken a white rose represents frienship or sealing a bond of sorts,it could be a little too early for such a gesture.How about a nice flower or flowers that is not a rose?Just in case she is one to be over analytical and reads in to things too much.

Best Answer

i`d say no.<br />
just see how it goes and if it goes well<br />
then send her flowers the next day! hehe

Best Answer

I'd save the rose for your next date. It sounds like she is thinking of this as a "casual meeting" not a date.

Best Answer

yes but have you talked to her in person???

Best Answer

thereallLaaLaa:<br />
My compliments on your deployment of the word "too". Too many times, I see the word "to" incorrectly applied.

Best Answer

The white rose is a symbol of purity..pure love. You really should not give it to her at the very first meeting, and you shouldn't scare her away by coming on TOO strong. I know you already have a lot of feelings for her, but sometimes women think that guys who are already ready to say "I love you" on a first date are creepy.<br />
I think the second time you meet her, it would be nice to bring her flowers....but roses are a really special flower, so you might want to wait on those.

Best Answer