I Dont want my ex back. I've been single for 3 months, after my last relationship. I've been talking to this girl through txt messaging for the past month, and finnaly asked her out. I'm not sure if I'm really excited about this date though. I'm kind of nervous beacuse I still have fleeting moments of thought about my ex girlfriend. Sometimes it still feels fresh. Am I making a mistake by going on this date? I figure it's just a date, I have to get back out there eventually. But I don't have that excited feeling you get before you meet someone you might really like for the first time. Am I cheating myself, or this new girl? Anyone? Bueller?
TorontoScribe TorontoScribe 26-30, M 14 Answers Aug 19, 2009

It's just a date, enjoy her company, and KEEP YOUR PANTS ON

Best Answer

I think you should.You never know,you could have the time of your life!

Best Answer

Yes you should. A date is just a date and you need to get out there. Be honest with the girl about your feelings and everything should be okay...Good luck!

Best Answer

You are still having feelings for your ex...it's normal. It's also normal to be apprehensive about dating again after having been involved in a relationship. But you have to start somewhere...in fact, the longer you put it off, the worse the apprehension will become, because each time you will think of additional excuses why it's not a good idea.

Look, it's a DATE...not a wedding. It's not even a commitment for a 2nd date. Go, have fun...or not, if she's boring (LOL), but at least get out there and get your feet wet again.

Best Answer

Why not? You don't have to be neccesarily excited about it, just go, see where it takes you. I usually end up having fun when im not expecting to.

Best Answer

In my experience you probably have a gut feeling about this girl and it is that she is either not for you or it is too early for you to see her. Always follow your gut instinct. That is what got you to ask this question in the first place. Your heart is just not in it. More than likely if you go through with it you may feel uncomfortable and sorry you went.

Best Answer

Actually the 3 month mark after a long relationship is very hard. That's when you start missing them again and doubting things, so I'm sure you're just hitting that mark. Maybe make an excuse and wait a couple weeks and I'm sure you'll feel better about it =)

Best Answer

Do you think there is still a chance with your ex? And if so, would you want to take it?

S*** of get off the pot.

Best Answer

Go for it you will probably feel alot better when your on the date. You are just experiencing jitters!

Best Answer

I don't think you should go out on the date if your heart isn't in it. The poor girl may really like you and want marvellous things to happen and you'll end up letting her down or using her. Give yourself more time your not ready yet.

Best Answer