Offer your forgiveness to him, first. He may feel guilty for not helping you, and forgiveness might ease some of that pain.<br />
*<br />
Can you do a joint therapy session with a psychiatrist or counselor, so that you both can be honest and supportive toward each other? If there's a trained, neutral third person, that individual can guide the conversation and help you both to understand how to proceed.<br />
*<br />
Encourage him once more, but don't push him too hard.

Best Answer

The thing is, I'm on one side of the country and he's on the opposite side We could do a Skype thing, but first, he has to be willing for that. I just want to know whether I should care whether or not he gets the help he needs.
He tells me, "You shouldn't have to worry about me. You have your Life to live, I'm old so I've handled this before"... stubborn old man.

Best Answer

Yes, you should definitely care. He's your father, and you seem to be a good son. :D

Best Answer

I just feel like even being good, I'm not strong enough or wise enough to get to his level, to have him understand the seriousness of this.I don't know if I'm asking for much, for him to seek help, to help himself for the better.

Best Answer