It will be like, eight years. their first step mom was great all around except when it came to treating my children as i do hers. So it didn't work out. signed, Hopeless Romantic
NotquiteDone NotquiteDone 31-35, M 5 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Romance & True Love

nope, but you can be mature and respectable about it. don't parade a bunch of women around them. only allow them to meet people you are serious about. but let them know upfront you have children. best of luck on find love.

Best Answer

No, just don't bring the men home with you. Going out and being human is allowed....but, unless you know the man well and are in a permanent sort of relationship ....there is no reason they should be around your girls.

Best Answer

Ill just switch " men" to " women" and still consider the advice. Thanks

Best Answer

You don't have control over when love finds you. Your daughters will put whatever woman finds you through hell if it happens before they move out of the house.

Best Answer

Thats what im worried about. But im in conflict about teaching them the values of a loving committed relationship

Best Answer

At this point, all you can do is be a good example. My ex got my daughter and they deal with my new relationship by expelling me from my daughter's life a bit more. My ex even held my son out of baseball because my new girlfriend could attend games without my ex's consent. My daughter will just have to decide for herself who is proper and who isn't for these cases.

Best Answer

That's what I decided to do before I was even divorced. The kids are first, and that is that.

Best Answer