I failed algebra so they are putting me in special intervention math, I'm a witty and charming kid at the highschool though I'm successful with a hot girl and a hot rod but just never understood math since 3rd. It's complete gibberish to me and how im with the tards, I rather dive off my roof than to be a failure, such an embarrassment to my family.
LeeHarveyOswald LeeHarveyOswald 16-17, M 35 Answers Aug 19, 2012 in Suicide

Don't be silly. Let me tell you a story.<br />
It took me 3 years to pass Algebra I in High School. In Middle School, I flunked Pre-Algebra and therefore the 8th grade -- had to go to Summer School to pass the grade. Failed the 1st Semester of Algebra I in 10th Grade -- and failed that year too. Went to summer school, got a Consumer Math credit, passed to the 11th grade... And PASSED the 1st half of Algebra I! But flunked the 2nd semester of Algebra I.... :-( FINALLY, the LAST semester of my Senior year, I passed the 2nd Semester of Algebra I -- with a B. <br />
I HATED Algebra. I was -- and STILL AM -- terrible with Math. I didn't even know if a College would let me IN -- but one did. And I ended up making Deans List 5 of 8 Semester's, graduating with a 3.29 GPA (just 1/100th of a point SHORT of honors -- why? I got ONE "C" in College. You guessed it -- MATH). I earned a Bachelors in Communications with an emphasis in Print Journalism.<br />
It doesn't stop there -- I went on to earn a Masters Degree -- with a 3.52 GPA, and I'm now working on a 2nd Masters -- this one in History. Oh -- and I'm not a College Professor.<br />
Trust me, things get better. MATH is TEMPORARY. Do the BEST you can. Get through it -- get the help you need to pass the class. THEN you can make the CHOICES you want as to what you desire to study more and more...<br />
Best of luck to you!

Best Answer

Is this a joke lol? Country club Jim in the house

Best Answer

What gives you the idea that this is a joke? I was attempting to encourage you. High School Math is not the end of the world.

Best Answer

oh I apologize it's just all I see in your story was good grades and success and fancy terms, I took it as sarcasm

Best Answer

I'm sorry -- no sarcasm at all intended. I wish you the best of luck. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Best Answer

You want to end your life because of this? That's a really stupid reason.

Best Answer

Put 10 hours into this and you'll probably solve your problem. http://www.khanacademy.org/exercisedashboard Then you can keep going and skip the rest of your normal maths classes.

Best Answer

How do you come to that conclusion? Everyone has their best skill and their greatest challenge. You found yours early. Not a bad thing really. Okay so you struggle with math. Instead of bemoaning the fact you are in a remedial math course... embrace the opportunity. No more being setup for failure in algebra when you simply couldn't comprehend it. Focus on the week's lesson. If you don't get it.. ask the teacher for help until you 'get it'. Once you 'get it' do twice as many study problems as your homework is assigned. The only way to beat a challenge is to get mad at it and kick it's ***! So... kick math's ***!

Best Answer

Sound like Sheldon. **** people. Ull b amazing some day and krave those bastards in the dust

Best Answer

Insist you need to be tested for dyscalculia.<br />
It's like dyslexia, for math.<br />
If you're good with everything besides numbers? You probably have it.<br />
Colleges offer accommodations for it.

Best Answer

What do you learn from all of this? You learn that it's pretty clear that you won't be a math major in college. And what does it matter? Grade level Algebra or Advanced Calculus, you'll get past it eventually. But frankly I think that math isn't your biggest problem. You really need to keep that ego of yours in check.

Best Answer

Well,, 1st off someone's ALL wrong,,,,, a la,, smart folks can handel basic math,,, in their sleep,,, perhaps you need some more of that ,, like 4 or 5 more yrs. lol

Best Answer

Hey,please stop that kind of thinking.All of us are useless at something ( personally I am useless with a lot of things ),you are young,you can achieve most things if you apply yourself to it.Concentrate on the things that you are good at.If you like music for example you could go and volunteer for a radio station to be a presenter,that experience would stand you in good stead for the future and you may become a paid presenter...same goes for all kinds of work,you don't have to be great at maths to succeed.<br />
If you are down or depressed I have experienced it and I would gladly speak to you by pm if you think you need help.Please talk to your parents and don't bottle this up.<br />
Good Luck ! :-)

Best Answer

why throw away your life 'cos you failed a class? it's not worth it and there's so much more to life than school!

Best Answer

School grades dont matter in the scheme of life. I have a high IQ and got 900 on my SAT's in high school. Thats really bad....Its just a biased level schools ba<x>se things on. Just know that you're a smart, quality person. Who cares what people think...? The older you get, the easier that is to understand and accept. Everyone has a weakness, maybe you just are not gifted in math..so what...? I'm not good at math either, but great with logic and vocabulary, etc... Some people cant spell, some people have no personal skills--see what I'm getting at? :)

Best Answer

I wouldn't be...some people are strong in some subjects and some aren't. My husband could run numbers and scientific facts pass me like no one's business..and I wouldn't have a clue. But ask him to quote , 'The Raven'..and he'll laugh and say,"Pfft damn birds can't speak"...yeah. He's actually asked me to spell "Lilly" for him before. Don't feel bad.. I mean I took advanced english and history in high school..while he went to trade school for technical HVAC stuff. You can't be a pro at everything. That just makes you who you are. YOU WILL BE FINE. LIFE WILL GO ON. LISTEN TO CELINE DION.

Best Answer

LoL... kill yourself over a math class? Only if you're a complete ***. <br />
If not - get a grip and deal with it. This will pass and you have your whole life ahead of you - a life that doesn't depend on math, that offers more than you can possibly imagine now. BTW: you are NOT a failure. you may just have a learning disability, or you may just be terrible at math - you're not the first, and won't be the last.

Best Answer

go to a Library and Look at math books and find what you can understand. Librarian will help if you ask. I'm not good at math either.

Best Answer

Nothing is worth taking your own life for. and especially not math! Not everyone is good at math, and if you think like this - just think what you have got that is successful :) and life is a learning experience anyway

Best Answer

You just listed a bunch of things you have going for you! So you struggle with maths. You're getting the help to get the hang of the maths. That's okay.<br />
Hey, my dad failed his English O-level twice before scraping a pass. (The exams that were taken at 16 in the UK when he was at school) He went on to get a first-class degree. <br />
These small things aren't going to hold you back forever.

Best Answer

What country are you from? What is your culture?

Best Answer

U.S, white/Italian

Best Answer

Dude, get over it. Its not a big deal.

Best Answer

Absolutely not.I suck at math too and always have.But I can write and you too have talent if you take time to discover it.

Best Answer

I'm 34 and I still don't understand basic math, don't be so hard on yourself math isn't everything

Best Answer

One deficiency doesn't undo all the positive things in your life. Some people are just not mathematically inclined. Try a tutor or possibly an educational therapist.

Best Answer