My son is 15 and he just told me that he wants to grow his hair long like 15+ inches. He plays basketball and football so idk how he would wear it for that and well what are some styles for him if i did let him do this. i just dont know about this because boys with long hair have bad reps and will girls still like him? Should I let him do this?
johnpoop43 johnpoop43 36-40, F 22 Answers Mar 12 in Parenting & Family

I say let him do it while he's young. My mom hated my Afro but didn't pressure me about it.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes let him. Its just hair that can be cut back. Its skinheads that have the bad reputation.

Best Answer

Remember the crazy things that we did with our hair when we were kids? He's just going through a phase.

Best Answer

in my opinion you should let him have his freedom. why not? on small things like that to get to express himself

Best Answer

Sure, nothing wrong with that

Best Answer

are you really saying you reached the age of 37ish and still need advice on something this trivial? your son is 15 and has made a decision, it's not permanent, it doesn't even require you to do anything, quite the opposite in fact, and if he fails to look after it, it can be cut shot again, next time a decision need to be made, which new car, should we move or who to vote for, ask your son he seems to have a head for decision making.

Best Answer

As long as he remains masculine it should be fine, my hair has been long since boyhood and I feel naked without it but most males will try it for a while and find it uncomfortable and cut most of it off in the end. You ought to let him try it out, it should run its course..

Best Answer

He is a young adult. If he had been having longish hair all his life and suddenly wanted a buzz cut, would you deny him the right to have his hair as he wants it. I don't think there is any let or not let. If he chooses to let it grow, what are you going to do? Sit on him and shave his head? You say he plays basketball and football. Believe me, if he loves playing and the hair becomes a problem, he will decide for himself to cut it, but if you try to push the issue, you'll lose so much more than just an argument.

Best Answer

I let my son grow his (There are so many things I wouldn't let him do). There was one stipulation...He had to have it cut for his hs graduation pic. He decided on his own to get it cut a few months early for his sisters' wedding. Now he is a career marine and shaves his head!!

Best Answer

I dont see why not, long hair is okay as long as hes can put it up for his sports

Best Answer

No i think the people you have seen with long hair as bad reps people with short hair have it to. also let your son be who he wants and wear what he wish's just worn him of that judgement

Best Answer

let him have his hair! it's a point of personal ex<x>pression. if someone has the guts to wear his hair long I'd say encourage it!

Best Answer

Yes opf course

Best Answer

yeah, let him do it; the boys nowadays wear all kinds of hairstyles, some put their long hair in "manly" ties; he's not asking to get an earring or a piercing; if he doesn't like his hair long, or if girls aren't digging it, he'll change.

Best Answer

Tell him he can, but not to cry when he gets it pulled or people make fun of him on the field or diamond.

Best Answer

It seems like a relatively benign form of self ex<x>pression. I'd let him do it.

Best Answer