Why open old wounds? Burn the letters (etc) and let sleeping dogs lie. What you want to do really serves no purpose, except to stir up shite.

Best Answer

I know, I know. I was venting more than anything. But the point is...while women will sometimes whine about their broken hearts...they're sometimes abusing a "friendship". He didn't say he loved her...he said they were friends. And when SHE didn't get what SHE wanted....she dumped on their friendship. He's a person too...and he was diappointed that his friend wasn't really his friend.
So guess what? he's exchanged a couple of emails with her recently. This is with full "disclosure" to me. He forwarded me both her emails and his responses. It's not like they're steamy or suggestive. But...while she was boring and clingy before, now she's just boring. But at least this person who swore they would be friends for life and then dumped him now is "honoring" her words. And he gets to see has the reality of who she is....no illusions about the past and what went wrong. THIS is who she is...and isn't he glad he didn't give into the pressure to make their friendship into more and even marry her. (yes, some friends and family who knew what she wanted tried to pressure him to make it serious and marry her---the jerks)
So maybe once a month he'll drop a line, "how were your holidays" etc., and she responds. This version of moving on I think is better than living in partial memories that distort the truth. I prefer the truth to illusions.

Best Answer

Your husband sounds like a good man. He has been honorable above board with you. He evidently still has some misplaced loyalty to their friendship. He'll sort it out. Maybe his best course is just to delete her E-mails without responding. She'll get the hint.

Best Answer