2 years and loved it! But Kuwait is much more religious dictated by govt. Anyone here from Kuwait or lived there? Money is excellent, and in my personal experiences in Turkey and Lebanon, Middle Eastern people are lovely, warm, and hospitable. But my friend who lived there for work says there is nothing to do there except shop in malls. Alcohol is illegal (but I'm not that big of a drinker, but I do like the freedom to have a glass of wine every once in a while! I'm American by the way.
coquette coquette 26-30, F 4 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Hobbies

If the money's good and you're not bothered about a drink, then go for it. You may love it or decide never again, but you'll have tried. Sounds exciting.

Best Answer

Ahhh, Kuwait. Where everyday is like the fourth of July! j/k <br />
I must say, that wouldn't be the first place I considered but if you think u'll be happy there. Go for it! :)

Best Answer

More details please?

Best Answer

Well gurly, you would have so much more details of what you're options are, but as far as Kuwait; I don't think of a nice American friendly atmosphere to work in. Especially for a woman. I can relate to ur attraction to working abroad, as I've traveled to many places and love it, but there seems to be so many other countries where individual freedom seems to ring a lil louder. u know?

Best Answer

Yeah, I've thought about that, as a young, single woman. It can cause some difficulties, but that's what everyone told me when I moved to Istanbul and I had a great experience there, despite a few problems with men. But I understand Kuwait is much less "free" than Istanbul.

Best Answer

yeah, for sure. I think You'll find Kuwait to be far less hospitable to a young American woman. I would really consider this. Either way, I hope all works well for you! :)

Best Answer

Kuwait is the pits, don't go

Best Answer

More details please? Why is it the pits?

Best Answer

I actually went to that school a few years ago :) i swear i'm telling the truth.

Best Answer

I believe you! Please tell me your opinion!

Best Answer

Well i was there for 5th grade only. I didn't like the kuwaitis, they're very arrogant. The school was nice, reaaallly big, and the teachers were really nice too. The heat is just awful, but i'm sure you'll manage.

Best Answer