She threatened me with it yesterday. I don't know if she was serious but I'm a bit nervous about it. Tom
schnupie02 schnupie02 36-40, M 19 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Move to Florida, stand your ground, and shoot her if she does it again

Best Answer

Her threatening you is absolutely unacceptable!! You definitely need to speak with her instructor as soon as possible. He/she will not like her behavior and will speak with her about it. The instructor is teaching her these moves. He/she will want to stop your daughter's inappropriate, bullying behavior right away.

That said you have to wonder why she would think it was all right to threaten you.

Also, if you are hitting her you are putting the idea in her head that it may be all right to hit you in return. Sorry, but just a thought. If you are not acting this way, then she has gotten way to big for her britches! Her instructor can fix this.

Best Answer

If it bothers you, and she says so again- tell her that if it persists you'll take her out. Don't be a hypochondriac though- she's a little girl. Those classes are great- and i'm glad she bas balls!

Best Answer

She definitely is confident. My wife does the class with her and I mentioned it to her.
She suggested that Jamie and I settle it playfully with a pretend fight and Jamie seems to be all for it. I figured she would back down.

Best Answer

Do you think she meant it seriously, to hurt you? Or as somewhat of a threat? Or tried to feel strong and bossy somewhat? It really depends where it came from, if you know what i mean.

Best Answer

I think she was just trying to be stubborn. I reminded her to finish her chores before her mom comes home and she replied that I better leave her alone because knows karate.

Best Answer

:(
We ended up doing the pretend fight and it didn't go well. For me anyway.

Best Answer

What happened? :/

Best Answer

Nothing bad, nobody got hurt or anything.
But I underestimated her and she beat me easily.

Best Answer

Training girls to be faux men is sick. She would be better served learning to be a woman.

Best Answer

LOL. A woman? please..Enlighten me!

Best Answer

Sorry. You can't fix STUPID!

Best Answer

Oh yes- sorry..Let me head back to the kitchen, and study the intelligence of serving and submissive mannerism! I am so sorry, my gentle manly master!

Best Answer

This sounds like something you wife "her mother" should be consulted about.

Best Answer

I did mention it to her mom since they do the classes together.
She said I shouldn't take it to serious and suggested I should take Jamie up on it and that she would back down and if she doesn't we should make a playful fight out of it where I put her in her place.

Best Answer

That is a pretty weird response. It doesn't sound like she would consent to her removal from the class...so it kinda voids the question.

Best Answer

Yeah. It's not what I was expecting. I figured she would be upset about Jamie's attitude but she thought that it was funny.

Best Answer

She was more then likely kidding around. Talk with her instructor.

Karate' & martial arts are a great foundation for life, perhaps you should take instruction w/her it would benefit & encourage the both of you.

Best Answer

All kidding aside, if she's threatening you, that's a bigger issue than whether or not she could follow through.

Best Answer

Yes, I agree. It's just an odd situation and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Best Answer

Why, did she do a number on someone?

Best Answer

How is she going to respect you if you are afraid of her, go take the class your self on your own time (not in her class) and then you might have something in common with her. Then go from there...

Best Answer

I wouldn't take a threat. Although, you should tell your wife about it, which will definitely open up a can of worms.

Best Answer

what's the body-count so far?

Best Answer

i would think her long term safety of knowing how to defend herself would outweigh the fact she is acting out towards you. think of her future not yours. this is my opinion Hare Krishna

Best Answer

Tell her instructor--they would NEVER tolerate such behavior.

Best Answer

That's certainly an option. I'm just trying to figure out an approach of my own but will approach her trainer if I can't sort it out on my own.

Best Answer

My son taught karate for years, and believe me, these kids take correction more seriously from their instructors. This does affect them too, remember. Kids are taught that it's for self-defense only and the instructor needs to have a talk with her to make that crystal clear.

Best Answer

Absolutely! And, thank you!

Best Answer

Kids today----sigh :((

Best Answer

I did mention it to her mom since they do the classes together. She said I shouldn't take it to serious and suggested I should take Jamie up on it and that she would back down and if she doesn't we should make a playful fight out of it where I put her in her place.

Best Answer

Kid will call the cops, be careful. Mom's in denial--kid is a brat and needs to be put in her place and nothing will do it better than to be sat down for an entire class and let the other kids know why--she needs some lessons in humility--how old is the precious brat?

Best Answer

She's 14

Best Answer

Good luck--but don't even play fight with her - kids today WILL call the police in a minute. Pleas take my advice.

Best Answer

Yeah I will definitely try to avoid it.
My wife mentioned the play fight idea to Jamie and she seems to be all for it, but that doesn't mean thst I will participate.

Best Answer

:( We ended up doing the pretend fight and it didn't go well. For me anyway.

Best Answer

When are you gonna learn to listen to Granny?

Best Answer

Well she didn't call the cops or anything drastic like that.
But I did underestimate her and she beat me pretty easily.

Best Answer

TALK TO HER INSTRUCTOR!!!!!!! She is violating the principles of the art--he may even kick her out for her threats. Maybe he'll have a bit of a sparring session with her to show her how she can easily be humbled.

Best Answer

My wife will bring it up with their instructor when they go to the class the next time.
After Jamie and I finished our pretend fight my wife suggested to Jamie she should try it with her, but Jamie doesn't want to.

Best Answer

If Jaimie threatens you again, what are you gonna do? Does she understand the concept that the adults in the house make the rules and children must abide by them? Will she be punished? Remember, you are still the adult and her mother and you should be on the same page. Good luck.

Best Answer

Her mom already talked to her about that and Jamie promised not to do it again.
Since they do the classes together she will do a pretend fight with Jamie now to show her that she isn't as tough as she thinks.

Best Answer

Jamie should be required to apologize to you. She was wrong -- Good luck to all--I really have to get some stuff done.

Best Answer

Thanks. My wife won their pretend fight so hopefully that settles it.

Best Answer

don't you want her to be able to defend herself incase of robbers/kidnappers?

Best Answer

funny

Best Answer

*laughing*

Best Answer