I am a junior, psychology major at UNCC My parents want me to come live at home (which is NOT happening. My home environment is kind of awful. My sister has Autism and ODD. It's too loud and chaotic for me to have to live at home, work and go to school. I have too many problems of my own to cope with the ones at home.) My Financial Aid award for the 2014-12015 year is only $3750 per semester and that hardly covers the $6180 a year tuition and fees. My housing for this year is $4340 per year. Books last year only cost me about $120 in total. I am on my parents insurance so that is no cost to me. I don;t have a car, so no gas money needed and I don't go out and spend money for "fun" much at all. I would need this loan to cover my housing and costs of living. I am thinking I only need about 4000-5000. Is this too much to take out as a loan on my own? Should I just take a semester off and save up the money for the fall? My parents cannot help me at all. They hardly make enough
TinkLuvsUNot TinkLuvsUNot 18-21, F 5 Answers Jun 16 in Community

Bite the bullet and stay at home with your parents. After you graduate without any additional debt, you'll be glad that you did.

Best Answer

would look for financial help at school. If your parents are not capable, you should find help at school. you could find a job and share a room with someone. <br />
Need to know if your loan would be necessary, whats your future job opportunities? Loans are not such a smart decision.

Best Answer

It's not bad if it's the only loan you're planning on taking. Even if you take it this year and next year, I've heard of worse. The main thing is knowing that you can pay it back when you graduate. Don't take out such a large amount that it becomes a burden, even when you start to utilize your degree.

Best Answer

yep..do it

Best Answer

It sounds like taking a semester off and being home would be hell for you. That in itself would be worth the cost of the loan.

Best Answer