J and I have been friends since we were 2 years old. I'm 19 and he's 20 now. He even took me to my Senior prom to make up for my Junior prom because the guy I was dating made it a horrible night. J is such a great guy. What confuses me is his own parents and everyone at our church say we'd make the perfect couple and that we NEED to get together. I told him last year that I had feelings for him. Only he didn't know how long I had these feelings. It's been 4 years and now I'm one confused 19 year old girl :/
confusedbutinloveat19 confusedbutinloveat19 18-21, F 12 Answers Feb 26, 2012

COMMUNICATION is a funny thing ; it helps us get answers ! Try TALKING to this guy about the two of you and your relationship or the lack there of ... tell him how you feel and see what happens .... You could be surprised .

Best Answer

I did JUST that. I left him a long message on facebook just yesterday and I already got a response

Best Answer

How about sitting down with him in person and TALKLING ... no yelling, screaming, crying ... just two ADULTS having an intelligent conversation about their relationship ... MIGHT even be better than Facebook ...

Best Answer

I would but he wont talk to me now. We havent spoken since Feb. 29th

Best Answer

You'll never know unless you say something

Best Answer

I took my foot out of my mouth and told him EVERYTHING on how I felt about him just yesterday and I got a response that night

Best Answer

Well what did he say?

Best Answer

I caught him off guard. He never expected all of it to come out. Then he tells me I wish you told me sooner. I asked him why. He said, "I have a girlfriend now and now Im all confused"

Best Answer

Oh I'm sorry :'( I know how that feels

Best Answer

well, J no longer has a girlfriend so maybe ill get my chance to be with him

Best Answer

If You Let him know he might feel the same as You, <br />
By telling him You Can Enjoy Each Other as You Do Now <br />
Your Relationship Can and May Grow and Get Even Better<br />
If Things Don't Work Out You Can Still Be Friends But Will Never Regret For Trying ! <br />
GO FOR IT ! PLEASE ! And Don't Regret Waiting ! Good Luck ! <br />
Hope Things Work OUT As YOU Wish ! <br />
Would Love To HEAR Your Results..............

Best Answer

I want to tell him. I just dont know how to

Best Answer

Go for it... j -I think will be pleasantly surprised ..

Best Answer

I told him last year in June that I liked him. He said he liked me too but we havent talked about it since. Everytime I try to talk to him, he doesnt text abck or respond. I dont know whats going on &amp; I really need to know.

Best Answer

Bring up a hypothetical story. Give him the "One of my friends" and explain how you feel. Then sum it up with "You're a guy, from a guy perspective how do you see that working out?" <br />
If he has half a brain he'll know you're talking about you an him and answer accordingly.

Best Answer

He knows I "like" him but I dont think he realizes how much. thats what scares me

Best Answer

Thats the only thing I havent tried to do yet

Best Answer

Might work, but I wouldn't bet on it! Many young (and older) men aren't that cluey about relationships, good communications and feelings.

Best Answer

Give it time. If you are meant to be together... You will.

Best Answer

you are leaving parts of your story out

Best Answer

what did I leave out?

Best Answer

Start hanging out again.. and do "Secret" dates... like offer to go see a movie, make it a romantic one but act like its nothing to him, when really inside its a big deal to him. You have to spell your feelings out to a guy sometimes.. but after hanging a few times, you might as well then ask him what he woudl do if you said you liked him a lot. it's only gonna go two ways.

Best Answer

We've gone on a few actual dates (all his idea too) On our first date, we had our first kiss. I felt something but I dont know for sure with him. He SAYS he has feelings for me but Im stuck because now he has a new girlfriend and it sucks!

Best Answer

It Sounds Like He's Playing You !
You May want to Say to him if You did That to him how would he feel ?

Best Answer

when we had our first date and kiss, it was last year in june. h started datin this new girl feb 25th of this year. i love J to death and id do anything for him and i knw hed do the same for me

Best Answer

Yes He has feelings for You but having another girl friend says it ALL
PLEASE consider hanging around other guys for your own good because it sounds like he's Playing You !
If HE say You with another guy then will HE be hurt ? Like You are now with him having a girl friend now !
Good Luck !

Best Answer

It's a great thing to have a meaningful platonic relationship with a person of the opposite sex. Don't blow it for anything that is short term...

Best Answer

wow.. lol I told best friend "J" that 7 years ago, and now hes my husband.

Best Answer

According to his parents and everyone at our church, we would be the perfect couple and that we NEED to date or skip dating and go straight and get married. Sometimes, I wish that could really happen with me and him.

Best Answer

:) Date first if you can. :) TRUST ME!

Best Answer

We actually went out on a date last year when I FIRST told I had feelings for him. We stopped talking and now I told him again and then he told me I caught him off guard and that he has a new girlfriend and is now confused. I havent talked to him since Feb. 29th either.

Best Answer

:( Awww, well he may very well be confused. You guys are still young, and especially a young man, he is most likely in no way shape or form ready for a end of the line relationship.

Best Answer

I have not had any luck with that sort of thing, but I'm sure it works every now and then.

Best Answer

Couldn't hurt. I think.

Best Answer