Honey ~ HPV Aint No Big Thing... Statistics say over 80% of sexually active people have it... <br />
Unfortunately, you are now more prone to cervical cancer... genital warts & yucky stuff like that.... (KEEP UP WITH YOUR PAP SMEARS)<br />
Thankfully there is a vaccine for it now ~ HEAR THAT YOUNG INNOCENTS ??? ~<br />
Be open with him about it. Have some Google paperwork printed off and encourage him to speak with his doctor if he is concerned.... <br />
LUCK

Best Answer

Slow down ladies- are we encouraging ihop (really? I hop) to jump from one "great" guy to another; from one who gave her HPV- to another who she is obviously ready to bed down immediately since she's asking if she should tell him about the HPV. Should one of us gently say, maybe you should slow down, take a break from the great guys, and review why you’re having sex before you see a doctor and take every precaution against the Human Papillomavirus. That is the most responsible thing to do. Good luck after that. The statistic is 50% of Americans will have HPV at some point in their lives, not 80&. And HPV is not something to make light of. http://www.ashastd.org/std-sti-works/hpv/overview-and-fast-facts.html

Best Answer

first off im not trying to hop into bed with anyone. (ihopaessu=international house of pancakes and eggs sunny side up. i was a kid when i made this sn) my concern in telling him is that like most guys, sex is a major thing. i wouldnt worry about it if me and him werent previously intimate with eachother before i contracted this. Whats he going to think if we start dating officially and all of a sudden i dont have sex with him at all? Its usually all the guy wants and i just want to be confident that i can still make him happy without the sex... and with my current boyfriend, as soon as i found out we stopped having sex (its been almost 3months) and we were having protected sex to begin with anyways (condoms are only 70% effective against it) and i have been educating myself everyday since ive found out. Ive completely changed my whole life and lifestyle to help my body get this **** in check... so dont go bashing me or the kind people who are here trying to help when you dont know what your talking about. k thanks

Best Answer

Not bashing you- It's just seems you may wish to slow down- you seem to be confused as your Q states-take your time- there's a lot going on for you. You seem to really love him. If you want the comittment make sure you lay the ground work- talk to dr- he may be able to get the shot- then it's a non issue

Best Answer

HPV is worse for the woman so if he gets it it won't do anything to him. The woman runs the risk of cervical cancer later in life. The only thing they say is that he should not do oral for you because then he could get a possible throat cancer later in life. <br />
I am not trying to scare you just trying to inform you of the risks. It doesn't mean anything will happen on either side. It is just a risk factor. <br />
I would say that both of you will be fine just get educated about HVP and then go for it with the relationship.

Best Answer

Follow your heart Hon. It's all we have.

Best Answer

tell him and the doctor. and cure it before u run to bed with him! and live happily together ever after.

Best Answer

no cure... it's the disease that keeps on giving (i.e. dormant)

Best Answer

oh my god! what is it? how incompetent the doctors are!

Best Answer

it pretty much either causes genital warts or cervical cancer in women... and its said that around 90% or people clear their system of it within 6months to 2 years... and i had to see 3 docs before i got diagnosed and the one who did diagnosed me was so casual and easy going about it, i felt stupid. He didnt recommend any treatment or give me any information.

Best Answer

hmm....maybe it wasn't as horrible as it sounds. anyways, tell him. he deserves to know that you adore him as much as he does to you. but be understandable if he is a bit scared, coz it is scary esp. when he doesn't know much about it..

Best Answer

yeah still sucks a lot, but thank you for your advice and kind words. I guess all i have to do is hope for the best :)

Best Answer