I played a joke on her a while ago and things went to far and I had to lie to get out of it a month has past since and she now has asked me for the truth again. Do I tell her the truth and risk losing her or lie again to cover a previous lie p.s It is not regarding cheating I would never do that any advice would be great!!!
Messedupsituation Messedupsituation 26-30 19 Answers Dec 2, 2009

Face the music, man. Tell her the truth now, or you'll just end up with trust issues for the rest of your relationship.

Best Answer

you played a joke on her a month ago and she's still pissed about it and it could ruin your relationship? what the **** did you do to that poor girl?!

Best Answer

OBVIOUSLY, IF SHE KEEPS ON ASKING U ABOUT IT>SHE SENSES SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT TELLING HER, AND THE TRUST IS BREAKING IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP<br />
IF U KEEP ON COVERING 1 LIE WITH ANOTHER, THEN YOU'RE JUST WEAVING A POINTLES WEB OF LIES, WHICH AT THE END WILL ONLY MAKE U WORK EXTRA HARD TO REMEMBER ALL OF THEM TO cover your back, and make u more confused, and not to mention hurt u <br />
if u were smart, and since it's only been a month, you'd just tell her that u flat out what u did, but be sincerely apologetic, and make sure she knows u di not mean to hurt her feelings in any way>if u care about her<br />
simple as that

Best Answer

I'd rather hear a truth I don't like, than a lie I do. It sounds like a badly gone wrong joke that went too far. If you didn't mean to hurt her and you're sincere in your apology then she may well stay with you. Good luck.

Best Answer

Yes, tell her the truth, and if she dumps you, then her loss?<br />
If it isn't a big deal, then she should understand.

Best Answer

I dont know what happened, that is the problem with giving you advice, it could backfire...if this will hurt her deeply, Id let it go, and say nothing, because she might lose al her trust in you..I just dont know what you did, so not sure Id mention it.

Best Answer

Tell the truth now and tell her what you had intended to be the result of the joke and how or why it got out of hand and tell her why you previously lied. Then promise that you love her and that you'll never, ever, never, ever do anything like that again and sincerely ask for forgiveness. <br />
It might even be OK. Maybe not. But the truth is best.

Best Answer

yes u should. would u like someone to lie to you? u get what you dish out and don't forget the Karma.

Best Answer

ALWAYS tell the truth. she senses something isn't right now. my advice would be to tell her the truth & deal with what may come. after all, it is YOU who's gotten yourself in this rut for not being honest the first time! & i agree with marilyn, wtf did you do to that girl!? lol it's better to tell the truth now & deal with the repercussions than to have it come up in the future & have even worse consequences... if you didn't like to begin with, you wouldn't have to keep track of your stories! ;)

Best Answer

if she is asking for the truth from you she obviosly knows. all not telling her will do is make her not trust you and then the relationship will fall apart anyway, except that it will be slow and painful, instead of quick. plus if you tell her the truth she may forgive you. if you don't but she knows it will never be forgiven. but i suggest you do something nice for her before hand and after so she knows you feel bad about it and that will make your chances of being forgiven and moving on with your relationship alot better.

Best Answer

Telling the truth is always the best thing to do. No relationship can survivve, built on lies. Eventually, it WILL come out, and you have amuch better chance of keeping her ibn your life, if it is from you, hon.

Best Answer

It depends. Will it hurt her or you(the truth)? If it hurts her and there is no damage done. Why tell her? To cause someone pain just to make your coscience feel better is much worse than a lie that has no real harm involved. The truth should also have some meaning for the better. Most lies are told to make others feel better in general. (Your new haircut is great!) It is the lies you tell that are self serving that are the real sin. It is the lie you tell to fool or hurt someone else.

Best Answer

It's probably best to tell her but that's something you need to decide on seeings as we don't know what you're on about.....all the best with your decision.

Best Answer

Yeah, tell her the truth. What kind of relationship would you have if it was held together with a lie?

Best Answer