This guy was my first love, we broke up almost a year ago and when I was finally completely over him he reaches out to me again. Telling me he wants to try and be friends because he " hadn't been happy once since we broke up", and then telling me he is still in love with me and thinks we'll be together forver... I feel bad rejecting the friendship but, would it be foolish to try?
kateegirl kateegirl 18-21, F 19 Answers Jul 10, 2012

Quick answer: no. Maybe in months/years it can be achieved. Maybe.

Best Answer

There's no used if u really had moved on.

Best Answer

Forgett about it! Go get sum donuts ...

Best Answer

I'm an ice cream gal but donuts work too lol

Best Answer

100% foolish to try

Best Answer

Refrain from move backwards only forwards. If you have to look back, it's to reflect on why it ended. If it was worth saving you both would have earlier. <br />
I've tried going back to an ex-fiance a few times and always find myself running into the same wall over and over. Why is it so hard to remember the bad and not the good? Because loneliness SUCKS sometimes. It does. It's a powerful feeling. But NOT as powerful as REGRET.

Best Answer

He's clutching at straws, living in the past. You don't need that, you are exs for a reason, don't forget that. Look to the future and don't be tempted by what once was. Whatever it was, it is gone and trying to have it again will only sully the good that you did had. <br />
I wish you the best in finding the one you will spend your forever with.

Best Answer

What's the point?

Best Answer

If he says something like that then its a bad idea. Thought if you still care you can try to be friends with him. Im friends with some of my ex's but also Im 100% sure they dont have feelings for me no more.

Best Answer

what was the reason that you broke up with him?

Best Answer

it is a bad idea. since he is the fist there will always be a feeling about him nd the good memories will make it look like he is a special part in youre life. the truth is you cannot change that into friendship. just think , if you were at a vuulnerable point, you would awaken some of the love related feelings. and even worse, if one of you was dating it might be hurtful for the other. you can act like nothing was there but that would be lieing to youreself.

Best Answer

You're so right, thank you

Best Answer

i regret not being meaner to mine when i had the chance. on the flip side i'm saying similar things to a different ex because i've hit a bit of a dry spell. don't judge.

Best Answer

Haha i could never judge dear, good luck tho!

Best Answer

DON'T even think of it. <br />
Take it from a guy, "He is feeling lonely and wants to get an easy piece of ____."<br />
He knows you will give it up if he can get with you.<br />
Then things will be just like before and the next girl that catches his eyes, he will be gone again. Leaving you heart broke a second time.<br />
You can be polite and tell him no thank you, but you cannot be friends, and certainly no going back.

Best Answer

Well I must mention I broke up with him, but I get what you're saying

Best Answer

Good I am glad, and since you broke up with him, there had to be a good reason to do so. If it was that good of a reason then it is still that good of a reason to not go back.

Best Answer

Follow your heart, that is the only truth that I can offer. It is better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all. I also believe in second chances, and maybe the initial breakup has shown him what he did have with you and now he regrets what happened. Be kind, but also be safe, allow for the trust between you two to slowly be rebuilt and then you will see if he his honest with you about his feelings.

Best Answer

Great advice, and I think ky heart is telling me to stay away. Because I have gotten over him and I believe in second chances too but here, I just know he's not the one for ne

Best Answer

wont hurt to try

Best Answer

But it could hurt in the end, I feel like he's expecting it to.turn into something else.. i dont know

Best Answer