Proceed with caution.

Best Answer

Serious piece of advice (for once). NO. It's harsh, but you ain't a knight on a white charger, it will result in misery for you and will only give her further reasons to be self-indulgent. Been there, done that and still wish I could listen to my own counsel. Once you get on that roller-coaster though, there's no going back. Trust me.

Best Answer

Thats what I'm scared of...

Best Answer

I dunno...only if your prepared for the worst and your okay with it.

Best Answer

Well I'm not letting her get too close. I want to be a friend for her but I'm scared she will push herself too close anyways. She is disabled and its hard to communicate with her. She feels that she is a satanist because she says she "wants to hurt people like they hurt her" I'm trying to teach her understanding towards other people and helping her to realize that the only way to be happy is taking responsibility for her actions and try to move on with her life and be a better person. She has hurt me in the past when I tried to help her the first time. I had lent her an important outfit of mine and she set it on fire three days after meeting me for the first time. This was in 2010 and she just recently reached out to me again b4 christmas and I really want to help but I'm scared of a worse case situation like her hurting our cats or burning our house down. She is unpredictable but all she needs is a kind heart to listen to her

Best Answer

I don't want to be selfish and have something happen to our family but I feel I have the heart to try to help her.

Best Answer

that's a fair enough comment.

Best Answer

If she is lighting your things on fire then she probably needs more than just a kind heart to listen to her. :o

Best Answer

I’d say yes; I would also say take care in how you do this. If she stands alone, she could end up leaning upon you (at least) or depending on you (at worst). I’d make sure you kept a distance between you both so she knows how she stands with you, because if messages get mixed, it could end up not being a good thing.<br />
But generally, I’d say yes … but be careful<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Thats exactly how I feel. I have been keeping the interactions to phone only at this point but she knows where we live and I'm scared she might take more then what is offered to her in terms of being around us and our house. I feel a responsibility to help because I can understand how she feels to a point. My husband and I are alternative and people don't treat us well either, but she is focused on what has been said and done to her in the past. We have been through the same over the years and I'm trying to let her know its not how you fall, its how you get up

Best Answer

I think you are both very good people with kind inner Spirits. The only caution I would have is in being cautious. I'm sure she will appreciate you helping her ... just make sure she knows where the lines are drawn for everyone's sake :)

Best Answer

of course

Best Answer

That is how I feel...

Best Answer

Sure and it will be an incentive of good will that might change that person

Best Answer

Thats what I'm hoping

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I can tell you from A LOT of experience, trying to bring people up that wont try to help themselfs will end up hurting you. I have had friends that i thought i could help... Show them there are good people in the world, try to make them see themselfs in a better light, find happiness, etc. All it ever got me was heart ache, and even legal problems! Trust me, be very wary

Best Answer

Some people don't want a "fixer." Tread lightly with your gearshift prepared for reverse.

Best Answer

She has called me crying to help and talk to her. I can't ignore it but again I don't want to bring my husband and family into this situation. But I know she feels alone and needs a friend....

Best Answer

I read your story about her. She isn't looking to get fixed, she simply values your friendship. Just be a friend and don't try to adjust her.

Best Answer