Rent a sander from Home Depot, etc. It's a rental property.
iwantpizza iwantpizza 46-50, F 9 Answers Feb 1 in Community

I would get a lot of advice first.

Best Answer

only if you have help And a good breather don't trust a paper mask,,, cough, im juSayin

Best Answer

that's a big job....what are you saving cash wise doing it yourself? if it's worth it, do it yourself, I am sure you can handle it and it will turn out nice.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

no. dont do it

Best Answer

Too late. I sanded it yesterday and put putty in the holes, etc. It's going quite well.

Best Answer

What are your skills? <Many with basic carpentry experience can get an OkK (nor really professional looking) result. Watch that drum sander, you do serious and expensive damage in a few seconds if you don't keep moving. Lose control of it and you will have a eal mess in a hurry. Don't let that scare you off, it can be done if you have some woodworking / home repair skill. It just may wind up looking like a homeowner did it, not a pro. But I have seen some pretty rough work in rentals...

Best Answer

I'm good with home repair/maintenance. I own a bunch of rental props and I do a lot of the work myself - but I haven't refinished a floor yet. Eh- I'm sure I can do it. :)

Best Answer

How bad is the floor? Just needs a light refinish, or is it discolored/stained and deeply scratched? How much time do you have? What are your skills? Done anything like this at all?

Best Answer

I looked into that when I moved into here, 5 years ago. Too much work and expense, and then your landlord raises your rent. And varnishing it, or sealing it, is not an easy process. It can end up looking very bad!

Best Answer

I'm the owner of the rental prop. I'm getting it ready to rent out.

Best Answer