Giving up American propaganda might be the toughest bit.<br />
Also, have a look at what an American says about it. Particularly the cultural shock when she went back to the US after two years and found people rude.<br />
http://americaninportugal.blogspot.pt/

Best Answer

Your accent.

Best Answer

People aren't to fond of Americans .... I can lose the accent ... What else

Best Answer

Missing your family and friends and depends where in Europe. Netherlands, Amsterdam?

Best Answer

Haven't decided , I just want to leave America

Best Answer

Could I marry my way into the country lol

Best Answer

Learning to speak European and how to tell the temperature in Centigrade

Best Answer

We drive in km's p hr and not in miles

Best Answer

Barbarians, every one of you!

Best Answer

Thank the religious idiots who lobby against the metric system because it was invented by atheists. Hey, at least you're not the only backwards nation still using a medieval and complicated system. Liberia is with you!

Best Answer

It's what god wants, after all, right?

Best Answer

Don't do anal sex too, he's not keen on that.

Best Answer

getting used to not showering or shaving your lady stuff

Best Answer

Japan is not in Europe. Women shave, cosmetics are a primarily French business and we don't mind people being naked on beaches, ads, etc. You're stuck in a deep hole.

Best Answer

I think im spot on on this one...jus sayin

Best Answer

Spot wrong. We can always tell an American tourist from the rest. Americans always wear cheap clothes that went out of fashion twenty years ago. Their sense of fashion is appalling.

Best Answer

agreed... so the guys are always angry and the girls never shave... jus sayin

Best Answer

The only place in the developed world where women don't shave at all is Asia. Over there, shaving pubic hair brings bad luck. As I said, you're stuck in a deep hole.

Best Answer

Europeans are racist.

Best Answer

.... Well then I guess that'll be a problem .

Best Answer

Funny how Americans of European ancestry are "Americans" and blacks are "African Americans" forever.

Best Answer

Yes, but they have a very homogeneous culture(s). They're not as exposed to people of color as Americans. Ive witnessed this myself when visiting over there. In Germany, how they would stare... follow people around stores. I had an African American friend with me. It was uncomfortable.

Best Answer

Yea Germany

Best Answer

What the hell do you mean by homogeneous cultures? You might say homogeneous populations, which is not quite true, but homogeneous cultures? Have you any idea of how deep each country's cultural roots go? Have you an idea of the variety of languages, musical traditions, cuisine and ways of life in this continent? People in Europe are used to African immigrants. They mostly manage to integrate into society. What people usually estrange are American tourists who, for the European manners, are usually very rude and entitled.

Best Answer

Fine. Homogeneous populations. I misspoke. That same trip, I was in the HofbrÀuhaus, and saw a group of American college kids drunk singing The Star Spangled Banner (ironically, since the melody is an old drinking song) and started breaking the glass steins. So yes, Americans are awful tourists.

But, I stand by what I say, since it's generally true.

Best Answer

You are talking about Germany so I'll grant you a few points. One is that many Germans are still haunted by the past and don't really know how to treat foreigners. Especially when they don't look "Arian". Other than that, racism in Europe never went as deep as in the US. For example, it never went as far as being white only churches. And in the Portuguese Empire, blacks could own businesses and have whites in their employment. Also, unlike in the US, they were always allowed in the armed forces and back in the war, there was a very large number of black officers.

Best Answer