My husband is in the USMC and gets paid twice a month and $200.00 also goes into our savings each month. He tells me that he can afford to pay all of the bills we have, but if we got another car or furniture for our new home that I would have to find work or we wouldn't be able to ever have those things. That's why I'm asking what your opinion is.
JayNicOle JayNicOle 18-21, F 6 Answers Apr 18, 2011

He should be able to provide for hs family. He is right in telling you his budget is limited. If you want any extra items that you don't really need then yes, he might need your help.

Best Answer

If women want to be treated as more than sex objects, they need to treat men as more than wallets.

Best Answer

It depends on how the responsibilities for caring for the family/home are meted out. Yes, a husband who is working should provide for his family. Same as a female who works. But every family has a budget according to what they bring in. If the income is lower than the budget or doesn't meet a need, then something has to be adjusted. If there are things you want or need that he can't provide, then I don't see why you couldn't start adding to your income. Unless there are other things that take priority, like raising a child.

Best Answer

I think both people in a marriage should contribute Now a days one income is hardly enough to make ends meet. If one spouse is disabled then that's another matter.

Best Answer

A marriage is a union between two people.. its called a partnership and It means having equal parts.. if you want another car or a peice of furniture get a job. Considering how the economy is right now.. He is probably trying to save so in case you guys get trapped in that hole you have something to land on. If you expect that life is cushy.. it isnt. Your furtunate enough to even consider this.. I would say he is a good man... and you need to help him out.

Best Answer