tigerbabe13 tigerbabe13 31-35, F 32 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Community

The past is THE PAST for a reason no sense worrying over dust bunnies, sweep it up and move on :D

Best Answer

The past belongs right where it is: in the past. He needs to look at who you are now and cherish the woman you are now and not let history get in the way.

Best Answer

that's why some things are left best between you and God only. if you loves you he'll get over it.

Best Answer

Your past has passed, he should leave it at that. Especially if the past doesn't include him

Best Answer

To move forward with the future you need to leave the past in the past.. It can't be changed. What it is, is what it is.. Accept it and move on and enjoy life

Best Answer

It really depends upon what was in your past. If you did something that would or may cause angry people to come track you down and try to kill you then YES I would be upset about that. <br />
Other wise no, I would say what happened before is nothing to worry over.

Best Answer

As long as he didn't just find out you were a guy once. Anything else shouldn't matter

Best Answer

Depends on how your past affects your present.

Best Answer

it doesnt

Best Answer

Sighing* @your hubby thn, he needs to let it go.

Best Answer

He needs to let it be the past. After all he has a past also doesn;t he.

Best Answer

yep...and worse then mine too

Best Answer

If his 'past' is even 'worse' than your past, he's being an inconsiderate d*ck.
"I can have a past with mistakes, but YOU can't..." give me a break!

Best Answer

I used to believe in absolute-total honesty. And idealistically I do still. Sometime stories of the past need to be brought up in small chunks or pieces. Good quote--" Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter..."<br />
Everyone has a past, some a little more dramatic than others. but as long as these past things don't hold you back, or if they were destructive-they won't resurface--it is the past...If your 'secret' is about past lovers, some people are just too insercure if the woman has had more partners than he has. If its something dealing with illegal issues, mental health--those type of things--break it the person slowly. Not that you have anything to hide, but sometimes small doses is the best. And if you try this method, and you can read that he is starting to flip out, he may just not be a match. I've had partners that had drug abuse, criminal histories, mental disorders, and large sexual histories...I didn't judge them even though I have nothing like that in my past, I have my own history too, just different. You need to be accepted, no matter the past.

Best Answer

Most of those partners were just one guy with lots of problems...lol. Either way, those qualities were in the past...so it wasn't him anymore... I think that was the point of this question---get over people's pasts if their present and future is healthy---doh...

Best Answer

I'm struggling with my partner's past, the fact that I am not the first person he's wanted to spend his life with as I am not the person he married. This is really hard for me, so hard that whenever it pops up in my mind again I feel like there is no way he can be The One for me. I feel in my heart that he could have been the one but that I deserve someone who didn't already promise themselves to someone else. I believe that marriage vows are forever and even though she divorced him, I know he meant the vows he said to her. He has told me as much. How am I supposed to deal with feeling like second place and that I am just a replacement for the one that didn't work out?

Best Answer

But didn't you ever feel love for someone in the past and start to think it could be forever, and then it ended?? I'd like to believe their is The One for everyone, but realistically if you could date every person on earth, you would find at least a handful of people you could make a happy life with. Maybe examine if there are other problems or feeling you are having about this relationship--because everybody has an ex, whether it was short term, long term, marriage or being widowed.If he wants to be with you now and forever-THATS what matters.

Best Answer

I've never felt that I could be with anyone *literally* for the rest of my life until him.

Best Answer

It depends on how detailed he wants to know. Jealousy of your past partners etc is not good.<br />
You see I knew mty ex wife's past but it didn't really matter once I knew, she told me. But her past was actually the reason for her breaking up our marriage. She had genital warts you see, suddenly appeared. So she accused me of having an affair, which I hadn't. She assumed I had and took my kids, home, the lot ba<x>sed on that. A few years ago I looked up "genital warts" and it became clear. She had quite a few one night friends before me and apparently genital warts can lie dormant in a person for months, years, and crucially, decades.<br />
So she got that disease from one of her past "friends" and it suddenly activated, making her assume it was me who gave it to her. It wasn't of course. So, in that way your past is indeed crucial knowledge for your husband, but not jealousy. You should tell him the truth and he should get over it as they were your past, not present. But it can have dramatic consequences as it did for me.<br />
Also with todays deadly STD's it's critical you both have had testing done to ease both your minds.

Best Answer

He should let it be right? Its your past how can you change the past? You can't. So let it be the past.

Best Answer

Your past is part of who you are so if he loves you then he should accept it and move on.

Best Answer

Depends on your past. If it's just simple jealousy-type stuff, no biggie. If it's troublesome, then it can be hard on a person. To imagine the one you love suffering in any way is horrible. That's hard to deal with as a spouse/partner. So, you need to determine if it's about jealousy or about something more disturbing.

Best Answer

The only thing he's probably concerned about is does he measure up to all our past lovers....it's man thang...me I could give a sh!t less...my package is enough even for the squeamish....

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Lots of guys do, they hate that they were not the first one, especially when they are insecure.

Best Answer

Looks like you are more bothered about it... Keep your Guilt under check.. else it can ruin your future.

Best Answer

im not bothered by my past but bothered by the fact he brings it up all the time

Best Answer

oh!.. then it could be that he is done with ya.. and making way for ya exit... or there is someone else in his life..
better to stay detached and watch..

Best Answer

not in detail, but generally, your past and how you pereceive the events that have occurred in your life is what shapes your future. He shouldn't judge, so he shouldn't be bothered, unless it somehow is life altering in his mind

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer