What is YOUR opinion? My own opinion is that he should NOT be coerced.
Rolle2323 Rolle2323 61-65, F 8 Answers Aug 22, 2012 in Politics

No way! And it would not win him anything. Even in Israel this is only backed by the lunatic right wing government. Even their own intelligence agencies say it would be stupid and that Iran does not even have a weapon capability let alone a bomb. Besides, It is well known that Israel has a nuclear arsenal and even if Iran had one bomb you would have a hard case to make to convince me the entire nation of Iran is suicidal.

Best Answer

I think the US should back Israel no matter who the president is, I find Iran's continual threats against Israel and other countries very troubling.

Best Answer

Well, I like it that you have such an interesting viewpoing. What do you think of the threats Israel is making against Iran right now, promising to attack Iran before our elections in November? Do you think Israel is trying to force our hand? Also, do you believe the Iranian nuclear enrichment program is a nuclear weapons plant, or is it for nuclear power?

Best Answer

The Iranians have repeatedly threatened to destroy the Israeli state. They have threatened to close the straight of Hormuz, they have threatened to sink US shipping in the gulf and they have made similar threats to other countries, they have refused to allow their nuclear facilities to be inspected by the UN. That in itself lends credibility to Israel's edginess. I am not a nuclear physicist nor do I have access to the latest information from covert operations so I don't know the purpose of their program but like finding a poison snake in my house , it may have no intention of biting me but I'll error on the side of caution every time and kill the thing.

Best Answer

You would fight back too if your nation was being slapped with sanctions based on zero evidence of wrongdoing. It is posturing mostly but it is a statement that Iran does not lie down and take bullying. Iran does not even have a weapons capability let alone a bomb and Iran is a signatory of the non proliferation treaty. Israel is not a signatory and has a nuclear arsenal that they refuse to admit to and refuse to allow inspections of their facilities too. If we are going to play the blame game Israel is downright hypocritical. And even if Iran had a weapon, with Israel's arsenal do you really think the entire nation of Iran is suicidal?
Furthermore both US, European and Israeli intelligence state that Iran does not even have a weapons capability and that the Israeli government is beating the war drum for political gain. And if they do attack that could unite the people of Iran against Israel and prompt them to change course and actually start developing weapons and making things a thousand times worse. WW3 here we come.

Best Answer

My country allows the inspections agreed to in the nonproliferation treaty - Iran does not, so we don't know whether it has the weapon capability or not. Please cite your proof that Israel has a nuclear arsenal. No I do not think the entire country of Iran is suicidal but I think that their leaders are the sort of religious fanatics that would martyr the entire country if they thought it would further their fanaticism. If you are going to threaten me you have to be prepared for me to take the threat seriously and act accordingly. That is what Israel is doing , reacting to repeated threats from Iran and attacks from the Iranian proxy Hezbollah.

Best Answer

He should remain silent. We won't be able to stop Isreal's continual conflicts. The powers in the region have created a no win situation. There's going to be plenty more deaths...maybe for decades.

Best Answer

I agree. That area is like a whirlpool, and we shouldn't get sucked in.

Best Answer

That won't get him re-elected...He does need to support Israel when they do something(properly within a month or two) but hopefully doesn't decide to join with as we do not need to be in another war, we have enough problems here without adding more.<br />
Besides Florida doesn't matter anyway in anything so why worry about what they think?<br />
I still think we should sell Florida to Cuba and California to Mexico and cut our debt in half

Best Answer

I think we had better let Florida and California decide that for themselves! LOL!!! You are right when you say we do not need to be in another war.

Best Answer

As much as I support Israel, that whole area is a tinderbox just waiting for a spark. If it kicked off it would drag lots of other counties in too and could even lead to a nuclear exchange or WW3. LEAVE WELL ALONE I SAY!

Best Answer

You make a lot of sense. This situation is a powderkeg.

Best Answer

Good God NO!<br />
No war! Stop it! WTF?

Best Answer

He should tell them to go furk themselves. Why should they have any influence in an American election ?

Best Answer

I was reading a British online news article yesterday (I think it was called Mail Online) which maintained that Obama needed the votes from the Jewish people living in Florida to win the election in November, and that Israel was counting on that....therefore they had timed their threats precisely in order to sway Obama.

Best Answer

As calculating and cynical as ever then.

Best Answer

No<br />
Try to figure out why the guy swam naked in the sea of gallilee

Best Answer

Off the point.

Best Answer