..... OR ; Should They Be tried In The Juvenile Justice / Court System ? .... Remember ; that the human mind is not fully developed until the age of 25 .... or should that make any difference ...
revrndale revrndale 61-65, M 8 Answers Feb 29, 2012

They know what they are doing is wrong...thats enough to punish them like an adult. I don't want my daughter to be raped by some 18 year old who spent 1 year in reform school for a rape he committed when he was 17. Rapists don't reform.

Best Answer

No. But they still need to be accountable for their actions.

Best Answer

They are juveniles so they should be tried in those courts. The details of the case should denote their punishment not their age. On a related note, a twelve year old murderer doubtfully has a real grasp on what's going to happen to them. Their minds are underdeveloped and they can't be expected to truly understand their actions. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable though.

Best Answer

do an adult crime, do adult time. they know murder is a serious offence, if they dont what the hell is wrong with educational systems.

Best Answer

Yes, and executed too. If you can't deal with the punishment then don't commit the crime.

Best Answer

This is one of those subjects that I would like to be hard nosed and say yes they should be charged as adults, but being a father I have to think of my own and think of their maturity levels at that age. They may know right from wrong, but do they fully grasp what the consequences are!

I mean, most of us have had a time in their life when they were so angry they wanted to choke the life out of some but we dont because we understand the concequences.

I think it should be done on a case by case basis.

Best Answer

The only difference between someone over 18 and someone under 18 is that in addition to full adult charges... the parents should also be charged.

Best Answer

So, what you are saying is, if I raise four boys, and raise them all the same, three of them grow up to be good productive members of society, but the fourth one goes bad that I should be charged also ! On what grounds? No matter how involved in your childs life that you are, they will still find ways to go behind your back.

Best Answer

I agree , a parent cannot always watch a child , no matter what age or how well he or she has been raised ...

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer