If u agree with public, state ur reasoning. If u agree with private, state ur reasoning.
DarkAngelGal DarkAngelGal 16-17, F 12 Answers Apr 15, 2012

The only way people want to save a species of bird -- is if they know it exists.

Best Answer

Nicely typed.

Best Answer

Aw. hehe. Thanks. ♥

Best Answer

Private. Your body,your family,your biz

Best Answer

In certain cases..u do have a point...

Best Answer

I believe that self injury needs to be a public issue so people understand a person who does .... and ; we would be able to assist them in several ways once we know their problems ..

Best Answer

It should stay private. You don't know for sure that it will gain positive attention. Stereotypes and names might be made for people who cut.

Best Answer

But that's exactly y I think it should be public! If ppl knew wat it actually was about then they could tell us apart from the posers!

Best Answer

I think it should be publicised in a general way for community awareness,

but also that individuals need to be very careful who they tell.

I, for one, would like to understand better how and why some people do it,

not just in superficial facts, but the deep realities.

As for the private individual,

it would help the healing process to talk about it with a therapist & a doctor,

but I can imagine a variety of different problems with telling just anyone.

If the practise is secretive, then telling the right person is vital.

If the Google entries are correct, it can be an attention seeking device for some,

in which case talking about it to non-specialists would only feed the problem.

Also, some people doing this are quite likely to be in an abusive family situation, so telling family members will only bring down a whole heap of heavy-duty control issues and make matters worse.

Best Answer

I feel that it should be made aware of so that the people who are doing it can get the help they need.

If more people talk about it then the other ones who are hurting themselves can and will hopefully get the courage to speak up and speak out and get the help they need.

When a person starts hurting themselves, it usually starts off small/little then it escalates into something big like committing suicide.

We have had so many of our young kids/adults take their own life for unknown reasons and it is not that serious. You young people have so much to live for and taking your life should be the last thing on your mind.

Please seek help immediately. There are people who specialize in this type of situation and if you let them, they can and will help.

Best Answer

Now i believe in making it public but I still haven't told my parents...call me a hypocrite if u want..but I would go 4 help if I didn't have 2 tell them. I still agree with u though.

Best Answer

i was shocked at all the cutters on this site.

the only downside to publicity would be that even more kids might try it.

i think more publicity might help society to deal with the problem. it might also help the ones who are ashamed ask for some help and help parents notice the signs and be prepared to help, and know what to do.

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

Its only attention seekers that do it isn't it? So I'm sure people who do it would love people to be aware of them doing it. I personally wish they would just keep it to them selves.

Best Answer

No...Thts only a small group of ppl. I sure as hell don't do it 4 attention! :/

Best Answer

Well you brought it up on here and then just told me that you do it, so that does sound like a slight form of attention seeking. And I'm not trying to be horrible I'm just saying what I think.

Best Answer

I just brought it up 2 know if more ppl want it 2 b public or private.& I don't blame u 4 what u believe but I'm just trying 2 get ppl 2 stop saying that we do it 4 attention..it's much more than tht.

Best Answer

I think it's overly publicized. Back before anyone hears of it, only the truly mentally ill got the idea to do it in their head. Now most teenagers do it. I truly believe it's becoming an issue akin to munchausen's. And I also believe the publicity of it increases the number of people who actually have a problem with it.

Best Answer

Yes but how r those teens gonna get help if no one knows about?

Best Answer

A good number of the teens who do it wouldn't if no one knew about it. And the ones who did it purely out pf mental illness would display signs of their mental illness.

Best Answer

Yes but since many teens turned 2 SI already shouldn't we tell other ppl about so they can handle the situation when they do come across someone who has it?

Best Answer