deadman65 deadman65 22-25, M 23 Answers Feb 26, 2012

This is a slippery slope. Some say, "Once a cheater, Always a cheater". I am not sure I subscribe to this, but it does seem more logical than the idea of forgiveness in most cases. Case by case I guess.

Best Answer

Fook no! Don't be a fool.

Best Answer

I think everyone deserves a second chance.. people are capable of change.. Then if they mess up that second chance then they don't deserve your love..

Best Answer

Would you be able to fully believe them again?

Best Answer

This is a very difficult one to answer. My wife cheated on me after 9 years of marriage when our son was two years old. Our relationshipship was going through a very difficult patch due to financial problems. She cheated with a so called friend of ours. The problem I had with the cheating and what really still gets to me and sometimes still hurts is that cheating involved total deceit by both of them and that is what I cannot come to terms with. Once I had got over the initial anger I looked on our marriage in a totally different way. I chose to stay with my wife and we are still married after 39 years. This may sound as though I believe in giving your husband/wife a second chance but believe me it is not.

Our son was two years old at the time and staying with her and not confronting her with her cheating to the extent that it would have caused a divorce, was the price I paid so that I could be with my son and watch him grow into the man he is now and it has been worth every single day of our long marriage. I am a very proud father and although we are still married it is certainly not because I forgave her and gave her a second chance. She never admitted to me that she ever did cheat on me, but her friends confirmed at the time.

I stayed with my wife because of my son and for no other reason. If she had cheated before our son was born then I would have kicked her out and destroyed the other guy's marriage at the same time.

Best Answer

thank you for being so upfront and open about your struggle with your wife. your truly a strong minded person to beable to look past all her deceiving lies and misleading trust to see only your son as the biggest problem to address. thanks again!

Best Answer

Everyone deserves a second chance. even thirds and fourths. it's just only if you truly love them and you can see they truly love you back. but if they were cheating to begin with.. did they really truly love you?

Best Answer

yes we were in love. we were highschool sweethearts and have known each other nearly 10 years

Best Answer

she needs to honestly tell you then what it is in your relationship she's missing that she thinks she can find somewhere else.

Best Answer

NOPE ! A cheat is a CHEAT .. The lowest form of human being in the world ... lower than a snakes belly !

They RISK your health by having sex with someone else ..could have bought home an STD , AIDS , PHV etc ... Why give them another chance to bring home a disease ???

A cheat needs and deserves to be sent packing or loose their happy home when YOU pack up and move out , never to look back ...

Best Answer

Definitely not.

Best Answer

No, coming from a cheaters perspective, if they were able to cheat on you once they obviously weren't happy in the relationship and just because they are guilty and want forgiveness doesn't mean it's a good basis for a relationship.

Best Answer

Only if there is a large enough penalty given for the next time they cheat. else it won't be on me!

Best Answer

You can't change them. The question is, "Can you love a cheater?"

Best Answer

I couldn't forgive her, and that is one of the reasons I divorced her. I can forgive a lot, but not betrayal, and I knew I would never be able to trust her again.

Best Answer

Nope. Cheaters should never be given another chance. They did it once, they will probably do it again. Theres no point in going through the same emotions over and over.

Best Answer

No. Walk away. Be friends and forgive if you can, but no.

Best Answer

I cheated I didn't plan on it also didn't plan on being my spouse rent a wife slash mom on top of that being ignored and taken for granted also unappreciated might I add it was aways about him really I didn't lie or sneak or use trickery and deception I went out to have my needs met the same as a man but men can do that I do it I am all kind of this and that he did cheat too it was overlooked he was spoiled I am spoiled I want my way he wants his way it was a 16 plus age difference he likes to control young women older women he cant control cheaters dont always cheat and might I add thanks you for wishing bad on me and seeing that item plays out and the abuse and violence mental abuse to bullying in business actions online forums my person life even you light weight pimping me using me too before I used you thanks again I am loving it oh and my death wish also letting me see all of you xoxo

Best Answer

Yes, you should give her a second chance. Early in my marriage I was the one who was unfaithful. We worked through it, and may I say had a deeper, more sustained relationship because of all the work we both had to put into saving our marriage......me, to work effortlessly to prove he can trust me again, and him, for finding it in him to forgive me. We went on to have almost 20 yrs of marriage and two beautiful children before he suddenly passed away at age 51. He was my very best friend and my soulmate. All I can say is to be sure that she is really sorry and willing to re-commit to you. Good luck!

Best Answer

Once a cheater always a cheater, I speak from experience.

Best Answer

I have a friend who cheated. Her husband chose to continue the marriage, but hasn't been able to get over it himself. She was remorsefull and hasn't cheated since, but he is unable to leave it behind. He accuses her of flirting if she talks to anyone of the opposite sex (nobody else considers her to be a flirt) even in a casual conversation. He makes comments like "Well, if you get drunk you know you are just going to cheat on me again". I understand his insecurity, but him not being able to let it go yet staying in the relationship is almost unfair to her. She told me she wishes he would have just divorced her. It isn't just about them being faithful... the decision should also be based on whether or not you are able to truly forgive. I personally couldn't... I know this. It would be over for me.

Best Answer