Those kids that stabbed that girl in Wisconsin got 65 yeats in jail ! I am all for time in prison, but dont you think that is a bit extreme. They are still in their non adult stage and their brains have not fully developed yet. So I guess 30 years is not enough. Im sorry, but this is a bit extreme. What do you think.
zonus zonus 31-35, M 8 Answers Jun 9 in Politics

Yes or death

Best Answer

Yes. 12 is mature enough. Anything that happened not by accident but an actual planning should be enough reason to put a person in jail. Even a 10 year old know what a murder is. Just my two cent.

Best Answer

life, meaning life - captive up until their natural death, or a swift injection.

Best Answer

I know. But this is still a bit too much for people who have a mental problem. I do believe that this is a very complex issue here and slapping a bunch of kids in prison up to life doesnt always solve the problem.

Best Answer

Honestly? I don't think prisons should be about punishment. I think they should be about rehabilitation. That is not to say though that it should go as far as being comfortable to the point of being homely. <br />
Giving time sentences to people doesn't make sense in my mind. Some people could get life in prison, but be completely rehabilitated by 20 years. Someone else could get 30 years in prison, and come out just to go straight back into crime. <br />
They should have multiple teams of psychologists who assess each prisoner, and decide if they are 'cured' as it were. <br />
Then they should be given a chance, but continue to be supervised and supported. <br />
We do have a version of this already, but we rely more on punishment and time than we do rehabilitation. <br />
Looking at the individual case you present, I think 65 years is completely wrong, at such a young age, opinions can be changed, information taught and morals built. You would not need anywhere near 65 years to rehabilitate someone.

Best Answer

They may get that or less. However rehabilitation is needed here as with many people locked up by the system.

Best Answer

It could be a bit extreme; I'd at least allow them the possibility of release after a certain time if their behaviour and attitude towards things improves enough.

Best Answer

I agree. I mean there is so much a human being can learn about themselves in a certain amount of time. I believe they do deserve another shot at life if the situation is reasonable.

Best Answer

There seems to be a lot of people being banged up in prisons now as well, who really belong in mental health facilities.

Best Answer