Texas is suggesting that they are wanting to shed themselves of the USA. First, they cannot do this without the permission of the other states. Would you want to say bye bye to them there Texans? OK PEOPLE, SECEDE. THANKS. LOL. HEH I DIDNT BRING THIS UP FOR NOTHIN ITS IN THE NEWS.
Shellfinder Shellfinder 56-60, F 32 Answers Apr 15, 2009

I think we should give Texas back to Mexico...this would accomplish three things........(1)improve relations with our southern neighbor. (2) reduce the amount of illegal aliens coming into the U.S. and (3) we would never have another president from Texas..........

Best Answer

Im a proud Texan,but im also a proud American.Id be realy torn if this was to happen.<br />
Then again,I cant picture living any where else. ive left a few times,and found that my<br />
Texas is where I belong.

Best Answer

Hmm. As a Canadian, I am familiar with one diva in the family always threatening to secede. But they won't. It's like a bratty kid saying they want their own room in the house and do whatever they want to do independently of the rest of the family. But they still want their allowance, free rent and three squares a day provided. ( i.e. pensions, no taxes, and public services provided.) <br />
I don't know where one state or province gets the idea they can just withdraw from a country that they are only a part of. The rest of the country will vote them down. Unless the individual people themselves want to leave the country itself, of course, and go set up on some deserted island somewhere.

Best Answer

I would be afraid if they did secede. They have Bush he may declare war on the US. LOL

Best Answer

As overman points out, Texas has an unusual legal status. As one of the three states which joined the U.S. as independent nations rather than as territories, Texas has two unusual rights. It has the right to secede without the approval of the rest of the U.S., a legal right which was never challenged during the Civil War. And is has the right to split into five pre-determined smaller states without approval of the rest of the U.S., something it is unlikely ever to do as three of the five portions would receive the tax base of major cities, the other two would not.<br />
Although it's occasionally brought up in the Texas state legislature, it's been since the 60s since a secession proposal made it to the floor, and in my experience, the vast majority of Texas residents are unaware of either of these two provisions.<br />
California has similar provisions...the right to split into three; but again, one section would get LA as a tax base, another would get San Francisco, the third, no major city. California has some sort of secession right, but I'm not sure...it may require at least Executive Branch approval.

Best Answer

Yes, we Texans are afraid the US government will take away our banjos and make us squeal like pigs so we should secede from the union. Come on -- give me a break! Texas is a very big state with lots of different points of view and I certainly hope that you wouldn't listen to some loopy fringe element who dreams of returning Texas to the wild, wild west and believe they speak for all of us. I didn't think that Rod Blagojevich spoke for the state of Illinois; Texans deserve the same courtesy.

Best Answer

It actually has a name now it's called PESD, post election stress disorder, give them a tissue, act like an adult in a DEMOCRACY and tell them they are making their children cry.

Best Answer

If Texas did secede, I give it about six months before that same contrary, oppositional character in their culture got them into a full out war with Mexico. Or, conversely, they could relax into their long history and tradition, and allow themselves to be absorbed as another Mexican state! It could go either way.

Best Answer

I think all you democrates need to go jump off a bridge because that's what Obama is doing to this gov't and economic problem. Hell ya Texas should succeed and we should negotiate with bordering states on taking them with us. I think Perry should handle this situation. Mark my words obama is going to claim state of emergency to keep himself in office. He has already tripled the national debt and given us away to China. Once Texas succeeds put a drug test on unemployment, social security and welfare. Then stop the illegal immigrants from coming over here to Texas and weed out the blacks and criminals.s

Best Answer

Absolutely, Texas should definitely be allowed to succeed from the states. Texas is the best state in this once great country, so if they succeed, it will give the rest of us a place to move to and get away from the scum and schmucks who are running our country now. <br />
Obama, Biden, and their cronies are tyrants. It is only because the majority of American voters are lazy, entitlement seeking birdbrains who, for whatever the reason, enjoy living under tyranny, that these tyrants got reelected. <br />
Well, if they love tyranny so much, why don’t they move to Iran, South Korea, Cuba, China, Mexico, or some other dictatorship where they can have the government that they want? Leave us alone and let us have freedom! <br />
It is just like the socialists to think that their mission in life is to force everyone else to live under the same tyrannical dictatorships that they want to live under. That was what led to the Soviet Union’s belligerent colonization of the world, and that is why the liberals in the United States elected the jerks who are running our country now.<br />
It is great that Texas has the guts to stand up for freedom and say, “Enough is enough of you communist morons! We are becoming independent from you and are going to show the world what real Americans used to be, hardworking, responsible, ethical, and law abiding. Real Americans used to be who the rest of the world admired and wanted to become.” The United States was not the nation that others hated; we were the nation that people around the world wanted to move to.<br />
These values no longer exist among the majority of Americans; most Americans today are lazy, stupid pinheads. So I support Texas’s plans to succeed, and maybe someday other states will figure it out and join Texas in becoming free and independent.

Best Answer

Texas would not only survive it would thrive! <br />
It has the 15th largest economy in the world.<br />
Texas has it's own electrical grid.<br />
The national gun to person ratio in America is 90 guns for every 100 people. In Texas it's 600 guns to every 100 people. Military is not a problem since we could raise a militia overnight. Plus we have two largest military forts in the nation Fort hood and Fort bliss. Illegals will leave because they know we would be out to get them and deport them. Plus the Dallas/Fort Worth area is the leader in computer and technology in the nation. The Beaumont/Houston area produces 85% of Americas petrochemical and oil. So I say we pack up and say good luck without us america

Best Answer

The United States is NOT a democracy people!!!! It's a REPUBLIC!!!! Have you ever heard the pledge? ... "and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands" ... Gosh! There are history books out there for those who actually want to know what their country really is!!!

Best Answer

Can't wait to see who they ask to bail them out when they are hit with a natural disaster lol. When they do, just make sure we make them take their portion of the national debt.

Best Answer

Yes..!

Best Answer

To those who say we can't survive lol get ready to have your mind blown. <br />
we did a class project on how to make Texas a successful country, we made Texas the richest profitable country within two years of leavin the US, Marijuana being the leader and oils and gas followed right behind it in Revenues.And Our military was well established. Using already established sources we Acquired as lean holders when Texas succeeded.<br />
Richest profitable meanin profit ratio to debt ..what we make -what we spend+what we owe. That would mean little to no tax on anything bc our profit from our state covers all that... Farms and Chemical plant including the one of biggest ship channel is in Houston we taxed others to use it. <br />
Needless to say. We went to state and got recognize for the project.<br />
Numbers don't lie! Texas being the 15th largest Economy in the world not inculding Marijuana..not to Far-fetched on gettin to number one. Mind-boggling is it not!

Best Answer

Leanholders? as in China's lean on Texas? Whos leaning on who? Militarry? lol in two years lol. How will you survive us going to war with you and taking all you have, oil and all?

Best Answer

Do they teach you history in your School, did they teach you what President Lincoln did to Maryland organizers "insurrectionary activities" when they threatened to secede? All the unconstitutional arguments levied against him fell on deaf ears.
You don't think we have a military interest in the Channel in Huston? I'm cool with Marijuana advocates but you've been smoking to much. lol

Best Answer

That's on paper. The first time Texas got ugly. I wander if u realize the USA could vaporize the entire country in a second? Sure just all the people , not your resources :). Divided we all fall.

Best Answer

Read the words of some people you may vaguely remember from US history, names like ...oh, I don't know....Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison. It was understood that each state had the right to participate or NOT participate in the union of states. This was not a one time decision. Each state has the right to secede any time its citizens vote to do so. These are their words, not mine. The civil war did not change this at all. You cannot point to any document that expressly forbids any state to leave the union. It does not exist. <br />
The words "state" and "union" should also give you a clue. Read the Declaration of Imdependence. England is referred to as "state". State is another word for country. Read it. The original 13 colonies considered themselves 13 individual countries that decided to cooperate by means of a "union", in other words - a federal government was created. The states did not give up their sovereignty by creating a federal government, it has been slowly stolen over the years by that government.<br />
Texas does have the right to secede if its citizens decide to do so. No one has the authority to "allow" it to do so or "give" Texas to anyone. Read the words of the men who wrote our founding documents and fought to create this union. You will be suprised at how much you have been told is false.

Best Answer

Yeah I remember them, you remember someone who came along after them like ohhh,,, Abraham Lincoln who threw the rabble rousesers in prison who suggested succession and depriving them of haius corpus? lol What happened, well everyone took down their confederate flags and forgot about the prisoners. Live was happy once again lol..

Best Answer

I guess we get to use those Fema internment camps before the republicans get to. lol

Best Answer

George bush said - screw that worthless price of paper

Best Answer

Actually I see us trying to cross state borders and cannot do so without the proper papers ..someday. Think about that for a moment. How sad is that over what?? Healthcare? No. Money.

Best Answer

I am from Texas and I love the state and the reason Texas wants secede is because of the moronic **** happening everywhere else in the world! I think it's a great idea for Texas to secede...We absolutely would survive! Some of the toughest and smartest people I know are from this great state! Granted, Bush isn't a rocket scientist, but you can't blame the whole state for one idiot. LONG LIVE TEXAS!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Well Texas may have a better shot at paying for their roads ect. I have to laugh at most of my extremely Red crybaby friends who say this and that. I like to ask them why their state sucks up so much more tax dollars than they contribute, like Alabama, lol blame obama even though in the 90's how welfare was turned over to the states.
Red states highest welfare, Where is the utopia? why because they are in charge.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Yes because it has locust plagues.

Best Answer

Secede, you mean?

Best Answer

Yeah this is in the paper EVERYDAY here in Texas. There are riots in the street there are, oh wait there is none of that... this topic was 10 years ago and a minor headline involving a cult/group spouting rhetoric. Not going on sorry <br />
BTW Texas was the only state that once was it's own country<br />
I recall how Quebec there up north, not only discussing this more than once but I do believe it actually went to the level of being voted on to leave Canada

Best Answer