Yep cause as the saying goes the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree ... just take a look at what happened with that teen who got off for killing those folks in a drunk driving accident with what is called "afluenza" ... that one made me vomit ... nobody was held legally responsible for the deaths of those folks ... the kid goes to some kind of facility to "help" him with his problem ... the courts may reward the survivors of those victims a monetary reward but you know doggone well those rich folks are going to fight it tooth in nail saying they weren't responsible<br />
*steps down from stump*<br />
It's an issue that gnaws at me

Best Answer

Teens younger than 15, yes. Older than 15, no

Best Answer

No, the teens should be tried as adults.

Best Answer

Not fully, no that is just a scheme by the police and courts to fleece the public to get money. Just like other schemes the cops have when like, for example those cops were caught the other day impounding peoples' cars and then selling them and keeping the money

Best Answer

I feel that would be a little counterintuitive. If the blame were placed soley on the parent then there might be a rise in teen crime, as they [we] would no longer have the risk of consequence. Moreover, not all delinquency is a result of poor parenting so if it were to be like that a wide range of revisions and clauses would have to be added to the law.

Best Answer

No they should not

Best Answer

Not necessarily. If the teen's actions are found to be borne from neglect, then yes. <br />
You can't punish people legally for bad parenting, unfortunately.

Best Answer

And when I say yes, I mean they should be tried WITH the teen..not instead of.

Best Answer

Depends on what type of crime it is. I think the person who did the crime should be held accountable.

Best Answer

That's non-sense.

Best Answer

Hmmm, It depends on the situation really.

Best Answer