LeMartin LeMartin 18-21, M 10 Answers Aug 16, 2012 in Music

Of course it should.Every guitarist has their own unique style of playing.That doesn't mean they are not good or they are worse than others.They just play different.Some like Jimi Hendrix,some like Santana,some like Randy Rhoads...Now,Hendrix is always going to be an amazing guitarist,and i admire his style,but he shares first class with many others.

Best Answer

In Steve Vai's words....what would rock be like without Hendrix? We might all be playing acoustic guitars...xD

Best Answer

Maybe Vai was confusing Hendrix with Elmore James? Electric guitarists were quite popular before Hendrix arrived on the scene (B.B. King, Chuck Berry) and that wasn't going to be reversed without Hendrix. Yes, he influenced many young guitarists....but they would have found a different role model & would still be playing predominantly electric guitars.

Best Answer

Exaclty, i think ther is always someone, a "Mesias" who shows up in the right time, like King and Chuck Berry, Hendrix and Page, they elevate music, of course they would have been someone else but these were the guys who really redefined the instrument, and personally i'll take hendrix :)

Best Answer

Indeed I'm a huge Jimmy fan,,, and so I'd be willing to go, as far as to say, he is the best left handed guitarist ever,,,, However,,, as for w/o that designation,,, well there just way too many 'axe workers' to annoint any 1 as d 'best'. For sheer speed w/ excellent accuracy,, that would be Alvin Lee;,,,, for best 'phrasing',,, Larry Coryell, BB King,,, Carlos,,, and 3-5 others easily qualify. Then you gots Frank,,, Zappa,,, no doubt he's 1 of my top 10 ,, I ever worked with.<br />
Head deep,,, USA south,,, and ya gots to run into Dwuane Allman,,, Steve Miller,,,and again at least 2 or 3 others. <br />
Cross the pond,,, forgetaboutit,,,, Steve Winwood,,, Clapton,,, Townsend,, Richards,,, Mcquinn,,, <br />
anyway,,, debate who be #1,, near endless :)

Best Answer

My favourite is Jimmy Page, but I still think Hendrix is the best. He was a ground breaker. Yes guitar has become very technical now, but it was the early pla<x>yers that lead to this style. There are so many guitarists that have added to the overall "bag of tricks," Eddies tapping, Phil Collen and his dives, the so many unique improv styles from Page and Young. I think Hendrix is the best, but I don't like to compare guitarists, most are amazing, and unique in their own ways!

Best Answer

It should still be up for debate....I'd put a few people ahead of Hendrix, as I think that longevity with consistency counts. It isn't just who had the most raw talent, but what they did with that talent over a period of time.<br />
A ba<x>seball parallel....Darryl Strawberry got to 200 home runs & 200 stolen ba<x>ses faster than anyone else in ba<x>seball history, but he won't even get into the Hall of Fame because he didn't remain consistently good over a long time....yet others with less raw talent have & will get into the Hall.<br />
Hendrix had incredible raw talent....but not the sustained career of a Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, etc. (or some who have been good even longer, like B.B. King, Chuck Berry or Buddy Guy). I think that Hendrix deserves to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I'd rate some others ahead of him as far as the title of "best guitarist".

Best Answer

To me one of the most schocking things about him, is that he made such an impact in a very litlle period of time, he died very young, but he trascended in such way he is a legend until today along with other amazing players of course

Best Answer

blasphemy. angus young or santana

Best Answer

angus is a ******* beast ! but it is all thanks to hendrix he is way better, but definitely angus comes second along with jimmy page.

Best Answer

Roy Clark.

Best Answer

I've heard him, but i don't think he is in that level

Best Answer

I was just messin' with ya...and I'm highly surprised you even know who he is!

Best Answer

haha, yeah well i've heard him, but not so much, my first thought was really? haha

Best Answer

He ain't bad! (Pickin' and a grinnin'!)

Best Answer

Roy Clark could play anything well very well. It got to the point on Hee Haw where they almost seemed like they were trying to stump him.

Best Answer

I thought he was talented...is he still living?

Best Answer