Raising the drinking age doesn't really do any good. When I was 14 the drinking age was 21 and I still had no trouble getting booze if I wanted it.<br />
The only really effective way to deal with alcohol is through education - not some mamby pamby don;t do it approach - more a truthful open honest explanation of what alcohol is, how it affects a person, things you ar ento allowed to do while under the influence and a real course in how to use alcohol - what wines go with what foods, how to mix fancy drinks, etc. Oh, and accompany the education with a lowering of the drinking age to remove the challenge from under-age drinking. After all if teens are allowed to they most often won't.; tell a teen not to drink and they will.<br />
If people know drinking is okay within limits and they know the how and when of consumption then they will be less likely to over-consume,

Best Answer

How right you are. All the "Don't do it" preaching whether it be about drinking, smoking, sex or anything else, usually do more to encourage the 'bad' behavious than discourage it. I say make it all legal and teach everyone how to do it right and make the world a happier place for all. Besides we already have too many stupid unenforcable laws; time to trash a few hundred of them and spend the money on solid life education.

Best Answer

I think if a person can volunteer to go to war and die for their country, stand next to me and vote for their political views, and can't drink an alcoholic beverage with me then that is wrong.<br />
In the US, I think many feel that simply age and how the mindset of youth is going to change by strict laws isn't working. I feel that the maturity of decision is when that person is of legal status an adult.

Best Answer

Because most kids drink under 18 anyway. I did, but only at people's houses.

Best Answer

That would mean we would have even more hanging around street corners and park benches consuming illegal alcohol and throwing abuse at passers-by surely?

Best Answer