I think we might have a higher caliber of candidates and know more about them than we currently do.
RandomUniverse RandomUniverse 61-65, M 8 Answers May 24 in Politics

Yes, also more people would vote.

Best Answer

Very true. I think this idea has legs.

Best Answer

Love the idea and it would sure save money on the campaigns. I would like to see how they live together and function under pressure, so something like Big Brother with 24-7 monitoring would be perfect.

Best Answer

Nice enhancement. I like it. Thinking outside the box. Good job.

Best Answer

Haha, i bet that would actually work

Best Answer

I thought that they already are elected that way

Best Answer

Who would select the candidates, and who would vote? It would be more of a media circus. See the strengths in the current president; compare them to Bush and I think you might be pleasantly surprised

Best Answer

Our existing campaign system gave us George W. - twice. That alone is good cause to try a different system.

The same panel who select contestants on "America's Got Talent" would select the candidates.

Why did I suspect that you would find some flaw with the proposal?

Best Answer

I couldn't agree and thought of not answering. How could anyone agree with this? Have you seen the panels on those shows?! Make a stronger, more credible proposal and maybe I'll agree with it :)

Best Answer

I think you misunderstood my proposal. The panel I refer to are the executives who select the candidates for America's Got Talent. I was not referring to the panel of judges on that show. The actual judges for who gets to be president would be the American citizens, not TV show judges. Come on, admit it. It's a fabulous idea.

Best Answer

You think the executives are any better? A bunch of narcissistic, exploitative scumbags?! It's a terrible idea!! Might be more fun though, and hilarious who would be selected! However, it's been close, almost done with Reagan! ;)

Best Answer

Well, the results couldn't be any worse. Hell, it might even work.

Best Answer

no just no

Best Answer

As long as he/she supports mop rules I say yes.

Best Answer

Mops should be strictly regulated.

Best Answer

You are so un-american it hurts.

Best Answer