someonegotmyname someonegotmyname 51-55, F 15 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Community

We had a gun registry in Canada which was just scrapped because it was a waste of money and did no apparent good. We have low crime rates and lots of us own guns. Criminals will always find a way to get a weapon no matter what laws are enacted. Put the money into mental health care and education where it might possibly make a difference.

Best Answer

Instead of creating more laws and controls on guns, and gun owners, we should be trying to build better values in our children, so they don't feel they have to fight for everything. We are told by the professionals, we need to let our children express themselves. We can only discipline our children certain ways. We take prayer out of our schools. They want to change our currency because it says, "In God we Trust". We allow our kids to pretend to shoot someone, even if they are carrying a stick. I don't allow my son to play them video games, but almost everyone of his friends get together and play violent video games. Our movies are full of violence. Our children are being brainwashed thinking violence is accepted. Our news stations and newspapers only tell of all the bad going on. The majority of us people are good, but passive, and we don't want to create waves, so we let it happen. <br />
What we should be doing is trying to build better family values, better morals. Take responsibility if your kid gets in trouble instead of blaming someone else. I had a young man threaten to rape my daughter once. The school did nothing about it, the law did nothing about it, but the father brought the boy to me. In front of his son, he told me to take care of it, but don't kill him. That was a father that wanted to see his son grow up into a decent young man (which he did). How many parents out here would do that? Or would they just defend their child and find excuses.<br />
So after all that said, lets put our time and effort into improving life, and make it worth living. Educate our children, and create better morals and values. Don't be afraid of lending a helping hand when we see someone in need

Best Answer

I was commenting on what you wrote the same time as you were commenting to me. All our modern technology is not at good as it seems, when your dealing with human emotions. I work in sales, and it surprises me how many people could care less to talk to me, but will answer an email. they will hang up on me of the phone or tell me off, but tell me how glad they are for me contacting them by email. We definitely need more hands on attention everywhere

Best Answer

none, that is unconstitutional, there is something called 2nd amendment

Best Answer

Criminals don't obey the law.

Best Answer

Average number of deaths by handguns per annum in Europe-17. Average in the US-10'000.

Best Answer

Of course. We all know guns don't kill people, its the bullets. Oh wait, doesn't the constitution mandate everyone is armed so they can't get pushed around by people in red uniforms and funny accents?

Best Answer

No. There are more than enough laws on the books that are ignored.

Best Answer

Why make restrictive laws when you can make so much money selling guns and ammo?

Best Answer

Both.

Best Answer

i doubt anything can stop the rise of individualistic violence in the US

Best Answer