friendshipunited friendshipunited 36-40, M 20 Answers Jul 10, 2012

The issue is rehabilitation verses vengeance. Prisons don't have to be a form of punishment anymore than a mental hospital. In fact, the US has cut back funding for mental hospital so much and increased spending for prisons so much we now routinely house the violently mentally ill in prisons because there is nowhere else to put them. Its sick and its sad to see Americans so bent on vengeance they neglect and abuse those who need them.

Best Answer

ANOTHER BEST ANSWER. I agree a 100%

Best Answer

As soon as those people stop punishing others.

Best Answer

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Best Answer

wouldn't it be beautiful if the world thought so?

Best Answer

irregardless we are on a very bad downward spiral and the harshness retaliatory punitive nation of our human race is simply not working.

Best Answer

No. You can forgive someone but they still have to face the punishment of doing something wrong. If there is no penalty for doing wrong then we would be in an even more cut-throat society. There has to be accountability for one's actions.

Best Answer

I think everybody should get paid for not getting in trouble. $100 a day. It's cheaper then prison for tax payers.

Best Answer

You are entitled to what you think. While I do believe in positive reinforcement. There incentive of doing well is to know that one has done well.

Best Answer

What we are doing is not working, so I thought I would come up with a new idea.

Best Answer

O-Kaaayyy.

Best Answer

Dude take your meds...You're losing it again..

Best Answer

LOL..We are losing it as a country, by spending billions of dollars on concepts that don't work.

Best Answer

A nice thought but not at all responsible.

Best Answer

Is are country responsible??????

Best Answer

So...we forgive them. Then they do it again so we do what?

Best Answer

We remember that we are all human beings and we all make mistakes.

Best Answer

Yeah let's just meet them all at the gates on the way out and suck em off and give them hugs and kisses.

Best Answer

That's exciting!

Best Answer

Nope. In fact, everyone should start out in them, and then have to work to prove yourself to be a good person before you're let out into the world! <br />
But seriously, forgiveness is great, but after some of the stuff I've seen...not everyone is fit to be among society. Even if we forgive them, there comes a point where it's the innocent people that need to be considered, not the criminals.

Best Answer

There is only one problem prison's don't work.

Best Answer

I guess it depends what you define successful as. If prison's don't work because they don't help reform people, then I do agree. But in the sense that they keep dangerous people off the streets, then I think they work just fine. The judicial system however...it has more than it's share of issues...

Best Answer

For everyone we lock up there are millions more waiting to take there place. How then is society safer? It's pointless to keep locking people up when the problem never ends. Generation to Generation.

Best Answer

Actually prisons do work... when a criminal is behind bars the public is safe from him. It's the pipe dream of rehabilitation that's a failure.

Best Answer

I dont know how you figure....for every one thats locked up there are THOUSANDS more doing the same crimes and worse, generation to generation so being safe as you put it is an illusion, a distortion. The solution you speak of never tuely solves the problem....

Best Answer

I was leaning towards 2 felonies gets you a bullet to the head but, im sure that is an idea.

Best Answer

That more humane.

Best Answer

Compared to the anarchy of rapists and murderers running free killing each other all over the streets.... Yes it is humane

Best Answer

Society will always be ignorant. What we are doing doesn't work.

Best Answer

hell. i'l even cook the kiddy fiddlers dinner? oO

Best Answer

If your fixing cheese burgers I'm on my way...lol

Best Answer

did you just admit to kiddy fiddling? ... *sigh*

Best Answer

Learn to take a joke.....

Best Answer

Never.

Best Answer

Are WORLD will NEVER get better then.

Best Answer

what if someone killed a family member of yours and the next day they were walking free and possibly planning to do it again? are you honestly saying that they deserve no consequences?

Best Answer

What's the difference, our government does it everyday. Hate = Hate, Love = Love. Lets try something new.

Best Answer

Hell no. We have enough rapist walking free already.

Best Answer

It was once said that you can't rape the willing...lol

Best Answer

If a person has raped or killed an innocent and there is concrete proof that they have, then I believe they should be killed publicly. Then people would think twice before doing such horrible acts. If you steal something, I believe you should have your pinky finger cut off for the first offense. If you do it again, they cut off two more fingers of their choice.

Best Answer

Honestly I'm tired of this police state we call the U.S. All of our "leaders" like the idea of creating these prisons full of cells or "cages" (as they should be called). I'd like to see all of our world leaders overthrown, honestly I've seen 10 year olds that would govern better. Unfortunately our "leaders" are backed by these large scale military and police forces, so it would be difficult as hell to overthrow them.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you with one exception. Some things tht our country considers wrong is debatable.

Best Answer

The problem is not prison, but what happens when they get out. They have a felony on their record for life. No one gives them a job, no one wants to rent to them. They have little options for any chance in life. They cannot even work at Mc Donalds or Wallmart. A better answer would be some government sponsered work program where they can earn the right to have their record expunged after an agreed amount of years of good behavior so someday they might actually be able to get a livable wage job. All ex cons cannot expect to fair like Dog Chapman or Tim Allen.

Best Answer

I nominate you for president. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Prison is never the right way. VERY BEST ANSWER!!!

Best Answer

A monkey for President?
I like the sound of that!

Best Answer

Someone's behavior after they get out of prison is their responsibility. Just like when they committed the crime, it was their responsibility. They know the consequences of their actions before doing them. Some ex cons decide that they want to live a better life and do so. It is a matter of choice and being responsible with the choices you make.

Best Answer

The choices they have to choose from after prison are very limited. That is all I am saying. It benefits everyone to make sure they do not re enter prison. As far as the choice to do the crime, the time in prison is supposed to be payment for that choice.

Best Answer

Best Answer

no,substitute it with immediate execution....death for offence,not reabiltation for molestation

Best Answer

Wonderful idea esspecially since people can make up stories that aren't even true so they can file lawsuits and get millions of free dollars. It's the new trend. Personally I believe this whole molestation bit is a whole lot of hog ****. I feel bad who has TRUELY been abused. Most "Abuse" is not really abuse anymore.

Best Answer

I agree.Abuse became a buzz word....if you have transgressed a law....just claim..."I was abused as a child...",but then again,in South Africa,if the corrupt officials in government are finally caught,just act ill,when imprisoned,and you qualify for medical parole,like Shabir Shaik...caught out,became terminally ill,and recieved medical parole,just to be found partying days later and playing golf...Oh,then there is Jackie Selebe...caught out in his corruption,former head of interpol,he kindly collapsed when he was arrested,landed up ill(end stage renal failure)on perironeal dialysis three times a day,which "terminal" ill people do for up to...15 years...
So in SA....claim abuse as a child,or become ill....thats the new ticket to be free and not accept responsibility for your deeds.I think there are ligitimate people that were abused,but hearing about abuse the entire time in the media has an added side effect,I think...it cultivates a new found curiosity about abuse,in some cases stimulate fantacies that people then want to try out...you just need to hear a statement 45 times,before it becomes imbedded in your mind....so,if you hear "sexual abuse" 45 times,its bound to stick....EXECCUTE CRIMINALS!!!

Best Answer

Hey I couldnt have said it any better. Your thoughts re my thoughts exactly. I dont know how anyone with ny common sense can believe someone was abused just by words. Its almost as if you weren't abused as a child you rent cool. Our society has turned into something absolutely pathetic. Im not sure what you men by execute criminals because what is considered a criminal offense is debatable these days.

Best Answer

should we revisit the death penalty maybe??? Texas is good for it - I love it sorry. Too many people getting out of jail due to over crowding that should never get out of jail period!!!! I can forgive lesser crimes but what about victims rights - have we forgotten them???

Best Answer

Sorry, but you are part of the problem, we all are!!!

Best Answer

Au contraire! We should have death for so many crimes instead of jail. The harsher the punishment the less likely people will keep doing it.

Best Answer

Yeah right!! You must not get out much.

Best Answer

I do and I see too much crime already. Off with their heads!

Best Answer

Lets see a 20 something yr old man gets 30 yrs in federal prison for asking a 14 yr old to see her breasts.... Sadly however ppl are still committing the same crimes every single day in every part of the world sooo your harsh penalties dont work. Probably because ppl are human. I think we should off the heads of the ignorant ppl making these laws..... just a thought

Best Answer

well that depends on whether what they did is forgivable.. and whether they would be a danger to other people if forgiven.. but i do agree that the prison system needs to be reformed..

Best Answer

People remain human...

Best Answer

No. It's already bad enough out there, regarding murders, kidnappings, rapes, etc. The best we can do is stop the guys/girls we catch. Lock them up forever, if that's what it takes. If someone is willing to harm another, they don't deserve to just be let go.

Best Answer

That's one theory but it never ends.

Best Answer