skrc4u skrc4u 46-50, M 22 Answers Feb 4, 2012

The right to free speech also carries with it the right to suffer the consequences of your speech.

You have the right to say whatever you want and others have the right to be offended by it.

Best Answer

Right on the money. I could not agree more.

Best Answer

According to the EP Community Guidelines Code of Conduct " NO " , Community Members Can and will be flaged for doing so .

EP Support Volunteer Paschar

Best Answer

it gets borring after a while.. go ahead

Best Answer

Yes, especially our own. I am able to see the joke in many things and I can see the beauty in many things too. Religion is often punishing vital needs, like humour, even singing and dancing, no way I will defend this.

People here have talked about respect, but words have meanings, in a democracy you have the right to be disrespectful, it's better to be kind without being docile, but courtesy and rights are 2 different things.

Best Answer

You have the right to say or do anything you want to. It is merely common sense, kindness and consideration to know when to keep your mouth shut. I am sure you don't always want another's opinion forced on you, show the same compassion to others, and choose when and where to say what it is you think you need to say. Just as you choose, others have that same right. Be ready to hear things you don't necessarily want to hear.

JAM

Best Answer

Thanks sir.If we can find out real truth about ourselves will enough to understand others likes and dislikes.We try to peep into house like thieves leaving our own unprotected.

Best Answer

NO!

You have the right to present your opinion but not to make fun of others! If someone can't express their points without being disrespectful then they are stupid!

Best Answer

Yes-1st Amendment- THE right

Best Answer

WOW! I did not know that-yet- you'all strike me as such a liberal lot

Best Answer

That is a great answer man. Being an Australian also, nice to see you recognise that so thoroughly :)

Best Answer

I'm afraid so. It's free speech.

And other people have the right to fire back and berate you for having bad manners when you do.

Best Answer

No. Nor do we have the right to draw broad conclusions based on stereotypes.

Best Answer

In the US we have the right to think stupid

Best Answer

From some of the posts I've read, it seems like a universal right. :D

Best Answer

diewasseratte - "Nor do we have the right to draw broad conclusions based on stereotypes." Exactly how do you enforce such a rule or law? How can you know what is my mind and what conclusions I have come too?

Best Answer

BabzEsq24 - You are correct everyone has the right to stand up on their soap box and make a fool of them selves, and I have the right to ignore them.

Best Answer

In your case, maple, I'm not particularly interested.

Best Answer

Freedom of speech and freedom of being a jacka*s. it is more a reflection of the one making fun of the religion than the religion itself. Ignorance... Immaturity... Lower socio-economic level...

Best Answer

Yes, humor is a great quality of man.

I believe that God love laughters.

We have the right to make fun of any things

with sincerity, honesty and dignity.

I usually have conversations with friends and strangers

about God, religion, culture...for hours,

with laughters from beginning to end.

Best Answer

We do have that right and yes we should have it.

Best Answer

I believe in freedom of speech, so yes: you do have the right to make fun of religions, cultures, politics or what ever. Government should not be taking action against people for exercising their free speech rights. That said, you are still responsible for what you say, and that means you should bare the consequences. Others have a right to take offense, to shun you for it, or criticize you for it. Tred carefully my friend, for others have rights too. Isn't it easier just to avoid inflaming others with your words?

Best Answer

I like your comment and fully agree with you.

Best Answer

Make Fun of = Ridicule... When I hear about people taking groups of children through museums, and explaining how the dinosaurs died in Noah's Flood, and that the world is about 9 thousand years old... That practice needs to be gaffed out into the sunlight, so that those kids don't grow up with that as their worldview.

Best Answer

Why not if its really funny....but not infront of them......

Best Answer

There's a logic that runs...

1. I hate religious people because they think they're right.

2. When in fact, I'm right.

3. I hate religious people because they believe in something that can't be proven.

4. But I don't need to prove my own beliefs, it's self evident (or i have three hackneyed arguments).

5. I hate religious people because they push their values on others.

6. And that's against my values. (and wonderful irony).

Best Answer

Religion is made by society to manage social peoples rights of speech,live and earn living hood.If you hate them you have no right to live among them and go for exile.

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

It's tempting but we really shouldn't indulge in it.

Best Answer