I know I'm young but my self esteem and confidence has taken a big knock from the lack of love/loyalty in my life. I've not had the best relationship but it's the only relationship as I don't appear attractive to other guys... Should I just settle and stop wanting more?
lilygeorge12 lilygeorge12 22-25, F 8 Answers Jun 29 in Dating & Relationships

Love yourself

Best Answer

I'm trying but I guess I've started to believe the "hype" and its not very good.
But thank you fur answering

Best Answer

Keep trying

Best Answer

There is a third options, besides settling, and besides starting the search over.<br />
You could decide you don't need a relationship right now, and work purely on your own goals. Maybe you'll meet someone along the way.

Best Answer

Maybe I'll get there eventually...
Thank you for answering

Best Answer

Want more of course! But you have to have the belief in yourself, and although it sounds corny, you don't need love from others if you love yourself. Then when you are loved by others it's a bonus

Best Answer

I am trying so hard.
But I feel like I've been riding this since I was very young.
In fact I have.
The way I feel, is as if I need rescuing.
Because I'm struggling on my own...

Best Answer

Don't get yourself rescued. There would be a high price to pay. We all struggle. Just keep going, and things can and usually do get easier

Best Answer

I have no other choice, I'm to weak to go through ending it all...
I guess this week was a bad week that's all, I'm being childish.

Best Answer

Aww Not childish. Be a little kinder to yourself, and develop some self-belief

Best Answer

I've only had belief in myself when it came to art then one day I lost all motivation and its destroyed me along with everything else...
I'm sure I'll get there.
Thanks for answering

Best Answer

Go back to doing art :) And welcome

Best Answer

It's not really me any more... I still paint and draw at home but the time and effort it takes is too much, the drive only comes around once in a while and I guess I prefer it that way because I don't show to many people...
My work could never earn me a living or even supplement

Best Answer

It is something worth doing though, and helps the mind to relax

Best Answer

uummm, are you in love with the person or just want someone, or need someone, to settle with? in not criticizing either choice but you are young and life is full of opportunities ... please don't settle for second best, but good luck with whatever choice you make. :)

Best Answer

This person I loved more than anything and if I'm honest I would have probably said he was my soul mate at some point.
I still love him but I question his intentions all the time.
He's not very good at communicating, and punishes me for my lack of understanding...
So as much as I love/care for him I can't stay because I don't know where I stand, which makes me anxious, come across needy which in turn pushes him away.

Best Answer

I think I would definitely put any plans on the back burner until you decide what is right for you .... to be crude, your partner sounds more like a habit, rather than someone you rush home to because you miss them ... please be careful. :)

Best Answer

He may very well be, I have questioned that before but honestly he was the first guy I bonded with and felt I could have a relationship with because he got me.
And I got him.
Somewhere along the lines I think we wanted different things...
I dunno.
Maybe it's not meant to be.
Thanks for answering

Best Answer

if that is your first ... and only guy ... then you need to keep trying till you get one that fits, no plans on alterations or losing weight when you get it home to make it fit

Best Answer

Hmmm<br />
Settle for leftovers and scraps and you will either get food poisoning or left hungry.<br />
Your a long time dead to be in a relationship that is not fulfilling.<br />
Your still young. Go out and explore the world and live life. <br />
That's my advice.<br />
Good luck in what ever you do.

Best Answer

Thanks for answering

Best Answer

Why do you think that settling for someone just to have someone is better than being single?? You're a young woman. Why the rush? Just live your life .. finding your own personal happiness. Sounds like you're depressed .. and making bad choices. That's why you're unhappy. Happy, content people are much more attractive. Find the right person for the right reasons and never "settle" for anything less. You deserve that, don't you think?

Best Answer

It's easier said than done, yea I am at a low point in my life...
I honestly feel like I've been try a be this bright and positive person all my life when in reality a lot of **** has gone on.
Despite me trying to push on forward to not allow myself to drown there have been people trying to break me down, use me, abandon me & last but not least lead me up the garden path.
I'm tired I really am.
I'm always looking after someone else. I don't even know how to look after myself.
I'm really breaking me down, these days it's a struggle. I'm not coping very well

Best Answer

Btw thanks for answering

Best Answer