Nimbus007 Nimbus007 46-50, M 30 Answers Nov 10, 2010

I'm curious about the previous post about Santa in "his Speedos." My recollection is that the traditional Santa is a large, but not well-built guy. Oh well.<br />
I think Santa is harmless. While Christmas is, primarily, a Christian holiday, there is alot to be said for a secular holiday to end the year in a spirit of giving, fun, and peace.

Best Answer

Yes!! It is part of the fun of being a child. And when they figure out that god isn't real either, it helps them understand why people make up these stories, just like Santa Claus.

Best Answer

I always told my son that Santa Claus was a fun game that people played and to just play along. It is kind of sad that he missed out on the magic of believing but at the same time, he knows he can count on me to ALWAYS be truthful.

Best Answer

Yes, childhood is a magical time, and Santa is part of the magic.

Best Answer

Let them believe in magic while they are little, the world will intrude far too soon as it is.

Best Answer

The way the world is now they have taken everything that makes 'childhood' memorable, I don't think anyone has trauma over believing in Santa.

Best Answer

I am annoyed that we all have to pretend Santa exists, it really is annoying for me. I do it but it privately annoys me. I think Santa needs a makeover so we can explain why some kids get more than others, and also so that Santa has nothing to do with whether you are good or bad. Santa would be more like the tooth fairy or Easter bunny. I also think the idea of Santa going onto your roof, and breaking in your house through your chimney is creepy. And what about all the wasted cookies. Couldn't the world have come up with a better lie?

Best Answer

I see no harm in it...they will learn the truth sooner or later. Why not teach them and encourage them about Santa's CAUSE. If they Understand what Santa Claus stands for and is all about, then as they learn the he is a fictional character, they can continue to believe well up into old age and the 'magic' of Christmas never has to leave them. I know that there really is no jolly old man in a red suit who delivers presents to all of the children of the world in a single night......but I still believe and Santa Claus just puts a face to that christmas spirit. Yes Virginia....there IS a Santa Claus.

Best Answer

Well, with everything on TV now, it might be better for children to believe in Santa Claus than Supernatural paranoia. Some of the programs look so real - if I had children, I wouldn't watch them on TV. Santa Claus is portrayed as a very nice guy... Go figure.

Best Answer

...um....He's not real?...

Best Answer

Yes they should and I still believe that one day Mrs Kelly will get me a mistress for Xmas as I keep asking every year and then she says there is always next year<br />
I have heard that saying before - always next year

Best Answer

Oh YES! I know many ob<x>ject on religious grounds and others out of a commitment to truth. While I respect your opinions, I feel your children are missing out on one of the most joyous experiences in life. If you ob<x>ject on a "truth" basis, please consider that we encourage our children to read great works of fiction. Consider the world of both animals and humans; the more social the being the more play you see in juveniles. Playing is fun, but it also has value in preparing for adulthood.<br />
If you are a Christian and ob<x>ject on religious ground, I absolutely respect your position and your rights as parents. I don't believe anyone's relationship with God ever suffered because of a childhood belief in Santa. Some may say so, but I believe other factors are at work. I am a Christian and I believe Jesus love children for their pure, faithful heart. He often spoke in parables; simple stories with a deeper meaning. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not equating Santa to a parable. But does give an oportunity to teach wonderful values at an early age. I don't believe if has to infringe on the real miracle of Christmas. <br />
A few years ago when Santa was on a business trip, my wife asked me to fill in at their preschool. Out of necessity I did so. It was such a wonderful experience I haven't been able to stop! I just can't resist the children's eyes and their innocent sense of wonder. Real trial will come soon enough; let them have their Santa. My teenage son had his time with Santa. In some little way I think he is perhaps a little better person because of it. For a few hours each year I am Santa Claus, and for those few hours with children and families I am grateful. Too long I know; please forgive me on behalf of Santa.

Best Answer

WHAT?!?! WTF are you all talking about?!?! Are you saying Santa isn't real?!?! "Say it ain't SO JOE!!!" I don't believe it! LOL!<br />
"Santa Claus" is not a person, Santa Claus is a state of mind! Bestowing a gift to someone at Christmas time as an act of love is something to cherish, no matter WHAT the gift might be. Doing it in the name of "Santa" is one of the most treasured and heart felt things one can do. Those uppity liberal phu cks (sorry) who say "NO, we should NOT encourage them to believe in Santa" are ****-heads! (IMHO)... Merry CHRISTMAS everybody!!!!

Best Answer

Sure! If they can believe in Santa, they can believe in good government and all the other myths that adults have.

Best Answer

LOL@Bahama, I think the guy in the Speedos was BigWillie! x

Best Answer

I don't see the harm in it, but when you think about it, it 'is' lying.

Best Answer

I think it should be up to the parents and not made to feel so guilty for the lack of the fantasy deal.. Some people simply prefer live in the truth and know life is far from being a fairy tale. Maybe they just know what their own kid needs to be strong later on as well, Too many variables here to say one is right and the other is wrong. Both can be right.

Best Answer

absolutely ! <br />
....unfortunately now a days tho I fear we have all made a rod for our own backs - the 'must have' gift list for kids at christmas costs a fortune .... my heart goes out to children who believe they have not been a good person during the year simply because their parents can't afford their gift but who want to keep the magical belief of santa real. My heart also goes out to parents who know they can't afford to buy what their children want but they buy it anyway. <br />
We all seriously need to cut back on the amount we spend - it's unsustainable - I wouldn't know how to explain to a child that they didn't get what they asked for but their friend did - and more - just because for their friends christmas santa has 6 credit cards, a remortgage and 2 bank loans. :-)

Best Answer

Nimbus, dont forget to add your answer to your question please...I was heart broken when I was told (to young) that santa wasnt real. I have no kids (thankfully-lol) but I think we could believe in santa all our lives if we viewed him as the spirit of christmas and that the department store santas are just messengers, but that they dress like santa for the 1 year olds. When I had thought before of having kids, I was going to give tons of gifts, but santa was only going to get credit for 3 and mom and dad the rest, from me, not santa. I wish my parents could have been thanked instead of santa for all those wonderful gifts, except maybe 3. You guys have got to watch the movie polar express, your inner kid will love it. You will believe again.

Best Answer

I taught all my four children to believe and the meories are some of the best.With out Santa at Christmas it's lonely,I love him too and I am 65.at Christmas I feel like 10 and still believe.

Best Answer